JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it was Einstein that said "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not so sure about the universe"

I don't think he said that as Einstein eventually realized that the universe is expanding (explaining the redshift discovered by Hubble) and therefore not infinite - i.e, an expanding universe has an outer "edge" to it, or a limit, and therefore is not infinite. That said, beyond the limits of the universe is probably nothing - which is a hard concept for humans to grasp.

That had to hurt, I can't imagine how much. On the bright side we have another candidate for the Darwin Award. Although I don't think he will win as he is still alive, maybe an honorable mention though.

I don't think he said that as Einstein eventually realized that the universe is expanding (explaining the redshift discovered by Hubble) and therefore not infinite - i.e, an expanding universe has an outer "edge" to it, or a limit, and therefore is not infinite. That said, beyond the limits of the universe is probably nothing - which is a hard concept for humans to grasp.
He might not have said it. And I have not looked in to it but I remember hearing that they (whoever that is) now believe there are multiple other universes outside of ours. If that's true then our universe might not be so much expanding as moving.

He might not have said it. And I have not looked in to it but I remember hearing that they (whoever that is) now believe there are multiple other universes outside of ours. If that's true then our universe might not be so much expanding as moving.

Our universe is expanding and when we talk about "the universe" that is generally what we mean, not "the 'verse" (as in Firefly) or the multiverse.

I have a problem with the idea of multiple universes - often explained as a new universe every time someone makes a choice, which means that the universes are built around what goes on in our brains? No, we don't control multiple universes that way - it would have to be based on quantum chance, which means there would be a new bifurcated universe every nanosecond or so, which doesn't seem right either. That theory seems more like one of those mental exercises than something that a scientist could explore and experiment on, much less prove.

There may be other universes sure, but not multiple copies of this one with a new one created every fraction of a second.

Our universe is expanding and when we talk about "the universe" that is generally what we mean, not "the 'verse" (as in Firefly) or the multiverse.

I have a problem with the idea of multiple universes - often explained as a new universe every time someone makes a choice, which means that the universes are built around what goes on in our brains? No, we don't control multiple universes that way - it would have to be based on quantum chance, which means there would be a new bifurcated universe every nanosecond or so, which doesn't seem right either. That theory seems more like one of those mental exercises than something that a scientist could explore and experiment on, much less prove.

There may be other universes sure, but not multiple copies of this one with a new one created every fraction of a second.
I think they meant kind of how there are multiple solar systems or galaxies. Not the multiverse.

To expand on this idiot's idiotic idiocy...
....Even if he was correct in his ridiculous theory, just where did he expect that round to go after it ricocheted off of his steel toe?

I'm not sure I fathom all the latest concepts of an expanding universe, but I'm real certain that there exists an ever expanding pool of human stupidity. :rolleyes:

Due to the overpopulation of this planet, some people have no choice but to live near high voltage power lines. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top