JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a Philly cheesesteak fan, but I would love to find a place that serves really good Hot Italian Beef sandwiches like I used to get when I would travel to Chicago (about the only redeeming thing about that cesspool).

Not a Philly cheesesteak fan, but I would love to find a place that serves really good Hot Italian Beef sandwiches like I used to get when I would travel to Chicago (about the only redeeming thing about that cesspool).

Geraldi's Italian Eating Place is a small chain that has stores in the Portland area. I've eaten at the McMinnville store and really like their Italian hot beef sandwich. And their garlic bread is really good, too.

Geraldi's Italian Eating Place is a small chain that has stores in the Portland area. I've eaten at the McMinnville store and really like their Italian hot beef sandwich. And their garlic bread is really good, too.

Thanks for the tip. There used to be a Geraldi's just down the street when I worked at Intel's Jones Farm Campus, but I don't recall them serving an Italian Hot Beef Sandwich then. I may have to search them out again.

Try Michaels Italian Beef & Sausage Co. on SE Sandy Blvd for Italian Hot Beef and a place in Vancouver Philly Bilmos for Philly Cheesesteaks.

Much more impressive than Geraldis to me. Michel's is the real deal, but a bit far for you.

Try Michaels Italian Beef & Sausage Co. on SE Sandy Blvd for Italian Hot Beef and a place in Vancouver Philly Bilmos for Philly Cheesesteaks.
+1 for Michaels. Some people don't seem to like it though.
Have never been to steakadelphia's but Philadelphia's in sellwood is good and Grant's off Sandy in NE is awesome.
Grant's just rocks :buttrock:. Wish they were open when I worked out there.

My wife and I grew up on the South side of Chicago in the 60's and 70's. We sure miss the great Italian Beefs and Chicago Hot Dogs. About once or twice a year we order a "Care" package from Portillo's in Chicago. The Italian Beef sandwiches are great with a cold beer, especially if the Cubs are playing on TV! It's a little pricey since shipping went up this year,but if you gotta have it,you GOTTA have it! Now don't get me started on Chicago thin crust pizza! Just hit this link. Deprecated Browser Error

As a fan of Philly cheesesteaks, I'm always on the lookout for new (to me) places to eat. Anyone have comments about this place on SE Powell in PDX?

TIA

I tried it a couple months ago. Not at all impressed. Certainly not worth the drive from Gresham to get it. Price is not always a concern of mine, but I felt it was a little pricey. Especially after I ate it. Don't quote me but if I recall correctly it was $8-10 just for the cheesesteak.

For Michael's he means to say Southeast Sandy Blvd where it hits Burnside to become Northeast Sandy Blvd, about Twelfth Ave. Driveways to parking on Eleventh Ave, Burnside, and Sandy. Michael's food is superb Chicago style Italian with all of the attitude, including Chicago hot dogs. They roast their own beef and make their own superb Italian Sausage, and meatball sandwiches can make you pass out from extacy. Not too expensive either........................elsullo

For Michael's he means to say Southeast Sandy Blvd where it hits Burnside to become Northeast Sandy Blvd, about Twelfth Ave. Driveways to parking on Eleventh Ave, Burnside, and Sandy. Michael's food is superb Chicago style Italian with all of the attitude, including Chicago hot dogs. They roast their own beef and make their own superb Italian Sausage, and meatball sandwiches can make you pass out from extacy. Not too expensive either........................elsullo

Thanks for the correction on that elsullo.

After seeing Michael's website, not sure which one would be better. I do like a good Italian meatball sandwich, as well!

Its not bad but the Italian Beef is the the be-all, end-all for me here. I always order it wet so they'll dip the roll in the gravy and get it with the giardiniera (their menu calls it hot peppers).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top