JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Olive oil while mountaineering, a spoonful just before bed, keeps you nice and toasty warm as well. Especially if it's bellow zero.

Used to add it to a cup of hot cocoa (dark chocolate in a cup of boiling water, with powdered whole milk-if we had any, and a little sugar). As mentioned, also keeps things moving & regular in the am...

My wife had me commit to a 1 mile no hunting zone around our house.

I guess I made too many comments about rabbit and squirrel stew:rolleyes:.

No such problem around our place. The wife has commented many times about if it goes bad these doves go first. I could drop them all day long out my kitchen window with a .22. They come after bird seed and chicken feed and that is fine with me. One dove a day takes care of a low protein requirement.

Not too many rabbits around here, but the geese move in the winter, and all though I don't care for goose in a pinch they will keep you alive. Plenty of deer and elk close but those will go fast.

No such problem around our place. The wife has commented many times about if it goes bad these doves go first. I could drop them all day long out my kitchen window with a .22. They come after bird seed and chicken feed and that is fine with me. One dove a day takes care of a low protein requirement.

Not too many rabbits around here, but the geese move in the winter, and all though I don't care for goose in a pinch they will keep you alive. Plenty of deer and elk close but those will go fast.

If shtf that 1 mile limit is null and void :D

One of the things learned about the Mountain House and other dehydrated products is that you need to use the correct amount of water when consuming them. I had a gentleman working with me who enjoyed eating one of the meals straight out of the package. Well he ended up with a great deal of gastric distress because the product absorbed much of the liquid from his system. Lots of liquid helped him and a lesson was learned.

Isn't that what the rum supply is for?

ARRRRRR me heartie... shiver me timbers and blow me down! AVAST ye bilge-sucking bucko... I'll cleave ye to the brisket if'n I ketch ye stealin me rum ration. Send ye to Davy Jones Locker afer'n we put the hempen halter on and keelhaul ye. We be hangin ya from the yardarm of the mizzen mast! You savvy that, ye scurvy dog? We'll make sharkbait of ye fer sure ye son of a biscuit eater!

Now splice the mainbrace til we all be three sheets to the wind! Yo Ho Ho!!!!!

ARRRRRR me heartie... shiver me timbers and blow me down! AVAST ye bilge-sucking bucko... I'll cleave ye to the brisket if'n I ketch ye stealin me rum ration. Send ye to Davy Jones Locker afer'n we put the hempen halter on and keelhaul ye. We be hangin ya from the yardarm of the mizzen mast! You savvy that, ye scurvy dog? We'll make sharkbait of ye fer sure ye son of a biscuit eater!

Now splice the mainbrace til we all be three sheets to the wind! Yo Ho Ho!!!!!

I grew up sailing;) - that's good stuff there:D

Me no eat dog. No toy poodle or Yorkie. Maybe wild pack dogs if it comes to that, IDK. Me eat pussy no prob tho. Me rat on da 'coons and squirrel away some possum grits.

Me hear tampon is perfect emergency fire starter!! :D

From late Oct 90 to mid March 91, for about 150 days MREs were all we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That and whatever we could supplement with care packages. During that roughly 150 day period I can recall six meals other than MREs. Cold T Rations for Thanksgiving, hot T Rations for Christmas, two hot meals in a mess hall while in the rear, once on a 24 hour R&R and the other when swapping our M3A1s for M3A2s, bought a dozen eggs for breakfast once and one last hot T Ration before crossing the LD.

Was "regular" (once, maybe twice daily) the entire time.

The mess hall meals gave everyone the runs as it went right through us. :)

From late Oct 90 to mid March 91, for about 150 days MREs were all we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That and whatever we could supplement with care packages. During that roughly 150 day period I can recall six meals other than MREs. Cold T Rations for Thanksgiving, hot T Rations for Christmas, two hot meals in a mess hall while in the rear, once on a 24 hour R&R and the other when swapping our M3A1s for M3A2s, bought a dozen eggs for breakfast once and one last hot T Ration before crossing the LD.

Was "regular" (once, maybe twice daily) the entire time.

The mess hall meals gave everyone the runs as it went right through us. :)
While this is the exact type of information I was looking for, that last sentence made me very hesitant to "like your post.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top