JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You mean it's not white supremacy?
SystemicCoral.jpg

Looks like Komo News reposted an article from AP on Tyre, noticing anything about how AP presents the story?:

View attachment 1362830

View attachment 1362831
I'm not sure what you see, but I see another officer that needs to lose his badge and face the consequences of his actions! :mad:

I think the point @made in china is attempting to make is that the gun that Hemphill drew as he approached Nichols' car was a Taser. The article's headline seems to me to attempt to intentionally mislead the reader into thinking it was a more-lethal firearm. How hard would it have been for the AP to add the word "stun" in the lede and clear up any confusion? Seems they have plenty of room for the word. The less-lethal nature of the gun is not revealed in the article until the 11th paragraph of 14. So, who reads an article that far these days? I suspect the AP hoped no one would...

Hemphill played no part in the beating, but do his spoken sentiments and his failure to follow MPD protocol demand termination? I don't think so. Suspension, certainly, but termination seems to just be for satisfying the bloodlust of the crowd, particularly since he's white, I wager...

Last Edited:
I think the point @made in china is attempting to make is that the gun that Hemphill drew as he approached Nichols' car was a Taser. The article's headline seems to me to attempt to intentionally mislead the reader into thinking it was a more-lethal firearm. How hard would it have been for the AP to add the word "stun" in the lede and clear up any confusion? Seems they have plenty of room for the word. The less-lethal nature of the gun is not revealed in the article until the 11th paragraph of 14. So, who reads an article that far these days? I suspect the AP hoped no one would...

Hemphill played no part in the beating, but do his spoken sentiments and his failure to follow MPD protocol demand termination? I don't think so. Suspension, certainly, but termination seems to just be for satisfying the bloodlust of the crowd, particularly since he's white, I wager...
And the smoking "gun" is he is white-ish.

Try as I might I was unable to find the report mentioned so at this point we don't know for sure which "gun" drew as he approached the car. You are correct, it could have been the stun gun or it may also have been his actual firearm. It looks like there are lots of words that the AP could have used to clear up the confusion on that point

More words used in this article

The first video shows the initial encounter, with Hemphill arriving at the scene of what MPD said was a traffic stop. He drives up, meeting the two other officers who pulled Nichols over at the scene. Hemphill is seen exiting his police car with his gun pulled as he walks towards Nichols and one of the officers.
Video shows Hemphill pulling Nichols out of his vehicle, then putting his gun away as he begins to assist the officer in forcing Nichols to the ground. The video shows a struggle between officers and Nichols, and at one point, it appears Hemphill is heard saying, "I'm fixing to tase you."

I find it interesting to see the evolution over the last twenty years of conservative values in tandem with 2nd amendment activism becoming more anti-police. Although it only seems to have done so (much like other groups becoming more anti-police), with the wider availability of video showing police officer's disregard for American's second amendment rights and often zealous use of force against law abiding citizens.

Am I prepping? Always. I make friendly with police, because why not? Do I trust the police, absolutely not. It is their job to enforce the will of the government, plain and simple. Sheriff's are little better, political figures that sway with the wind.

Gregory

I'm not sure what you see, but I see another officer that needs to lose his badge and face the consequences of his actions! :mad:

I saw an opportunity for the media to put FORWARD pics of two white officers, one of whom wasn't even involved, and the other who was not one of the FIVE primary officers who are DIRECTLY responsible for his death.

As to my laughing emoticon, what else can I do when someone so stubbornly supports an attempt to realign a narrative? No response I could say will cause you to see something I think is so obvious. May as well just laugh it off....

I saw an opportunity for the media to put FORWARD pics of two white officers, one of whom wasn't even involved, and the other who was not one of the FIVE primary officers who are DIRECTLY responsible for his death.

As to my laughing emoticon, what else can I do when someone so stubbornly supports an attempt to realign a narrative? No response I could say will cause you to see something I think is so obvious. May as well just laugh it off....
So you thought it odd that they used a photo of the officer that was the subject of the story in the story about the officers involvement? o_O
Sure, I get your point if this story had been about the first 5, there would have been no reason to use his photo, white, green purple or tie-dyed. But it really seems like fair play (and apologies in advance for being repetitive here) to use a photo of the officer that was the subject of the story in the story about the officers involvement.

Allow me to reassure you that there is no attempt to "realign a narrative" on this end :s0090:

So you thought it odd that they used a photo of the officer that was the subject of the story in the story about the officers involvement? o_O
Sure, I get your point if this story had been about the first 5, there would have been no reason to use his photo, white, green purple or tie-dyed. But it really seems like fair play (and apologies in advance for being repetitive here) to use a photo of the officer that was the subject of the story in the story about the officers involvement.

Allow me to reassure you that there is no attempt to "realign a narrative" on this end :s0090:

The cheers beers thing, why is it that on every forum I'm on, when I discuss something with someone more left than me, they always seem to end their counterpoint (usually a snarky one, too. Not in your case, but often after snark) with the cheers beers emoticon?

That's like all y'all's calling card.....

The cheers beers thing, why is it that on every forum I'm on, when I discuss something with someone more left than me, they always seem to end their counterpoint (usually a snarky one, too. Not in your case, but often after snark) with the cheers beers emoticon?

That's like all y'all's calling card.....
Can't speak for them but I use it as a indication of light hearted or friendly banter as opposed to being intentionally antagonistic or argumentative
for me if I'm being snarky I like this one :s0093:

Or maybe this one :s0033:

That reminds me, almost beer:30
Had a friend that used to say "It's never too early for a beer, but sometimes it's just too dangsic late"
I had a saying in college: "You can't say you drank all day unless you start first thing in the morning!"

For MIC: 1:30 in the afternoon is not "first thing in the morning"... ;)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads