JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an older Star Model B that is one of the most dependable shoot anything I shove in it handguns I have ever run into. I've owned it for nearly 30 years Shot it a whole lot and never had a bit of trouble with it.

A friend carried a Star PD .45ACP for about 20 years, no real problems reliable as can be.
I've owned a Star .40 Firestar for even longer, carried it for many years and it's still as reliable as the day I took it home. I'd carry it again with no qualms!
So....well made, reliable and my Firestar is about as accurate as any single action compact pistol as any I've owned.
The BM9 no help there! :)

A long time ago, I had an earlier model, the Star Bonifacio Echeverria Modelo A in 9×23mm Largo. No real complaints, though it was an old gun. So, I don't know about the BM, but I'm guessing you'll be happy, and at just over two C-Notes perhaps it is worth a shot.

Last Edited:
I see that there are several places selling the Star BM for less than $250. Are these a good shooter or does anyone have experience with them?

Good? Yes. Had a couple back decades ago. Now days would I pay that for one? No. For one I assume you mean an original made so long ago many here were not born yet. That they have not brought this back? So if you are talking a pistol that old for that price, what if something breaks? They were fairly large and heavy for a 9 even then. Mags. Can you find them still without paying a lot? If you like them for some reason then by all means I never tell someone not to buy what they like. If you just want a "budget" 9mm there is just a ton of stuff currently made that falls into that price. Just one example is the stuff made in Turkey now. Those Canik as an example. I have zero use for another full size, large cap 9mm. When I see these for around $250 I am very tempted to buy one just for the hell of it.

9mm.jpg I have 2 of the BKS (aluminum frames) models, they were not popular as they were one of the early aluminum frame guns & people thought aluminum would wear out in no time ...ironic now we have plastic guns
the blued one has only had 10 rounds thru it, the nickle plated I carry

its almost the same gun as most B models are & many parts interchange

very reliable but heavy trigger, as a matter of fact I just got 2 new sears in the mail yesterday from Numrich to work my triggers

mags are always on ebay and are being re manufactured by someone I bought a couple just cant recall at the moment
star 9mm mags in Hunting Gear and accessories | eBay

some new parts still available but not all . how ever scanning ebay regularly will get you what you want

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads