JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got into it with an ODFW official this evening about my refusal to purchase the Columbia River Endorsement. If you haven't purchased your 2017 license, DO NOT pay for the Columbia River endorsement. To quote ODFW:
"Money from the endorsement will help fund the transition to eliminate non-tribal commercial gill nets on the lower mainstem Columbia River and provide additional salmon and steelhead for sport fishing."

Well we all know what BS that is now with ODFW rejecting the gillnet ban. They should be refunding us, but we know that won't ever happen. They also have the nerve to try to still charge for the endorsement.
No way, no how, am I giving in to that BS, and no one should!

Were you fishing somewhere you have to have the endorsement to fish? If so did you get a ticket or how did you get out of it
Yes.
Nope, no ticket. I have a screen shot of the odfw page quoting what the money is for saved on my phone, which probably helped my case. If I get a ticket, please believe I'll be taking it to court. Someone needs to rally a group of Oregon fisherman and file a class action suit against odfw.

Got it. So your case is because it's not an endorsement to fish there it's an endorsement to fund a project you don't have to pay to play there. Good for you for fighting it and congrats on the win

Got it. So your case is because it's not an endorsement to fish there it's an endorsement to fund a project you don't have to pay to play there. Good for you for fighting it and congrats on the win

Exactly. It's sole purpose was to fund the elimination of non tribal gilnetting. Well, since that was given up on, why are they still trying to charge us? Greed. That's why.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top