JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know that people love to get out on the water to enjoy themselves whether it's skiing, tubing, fishing or just plain old lounging in the sun.
Everybody is wondering, well I can top that story with my story.... :D

So let's hear em, Give us the good the bad and the ugly of those times on the water.:s0143::s0143::s0143:

I partnered in a large marina on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO for 5 years. I've got a ton of them.

The best: Guy pulls up with brand new home built cabin cruiser, maybe 24' with an I/O. Stops on the ramp 6' from the water. Takes pictures with the family, removes the tie downs and prepares to launch his new boat. He *pulls the locking pin on the tilt trailer*, and the boat rolls right off the trailer onto the pavement. The I/O and engine are now sitting at a 90 degree angle to their normal position.

The worst: Sitting and holding a college girl's hand, and trying to comfort her and keep her conscious while we waited for the life flight helicopter. Her friends decided that when she missed the tow rope on the rental ski boat it would be a good idea to *back the boat up to her* mangling one of her feet severely with the prop. We had it wrapped tightly with several towels and elevated, but the towels were bleeding through.

A while back during my college years I stayed on Amity Island as a part of my Oceanography and marine biology courses. I was staying in a small little two bedroom apartment with my buddy Matt who was a ichthyologist . One day we were approached by the chief of police on the small island about a potential threat to not only the local ocean life but the population of the island as well. It just so happened that the tourist area of the island was where some of these happenings were taking place, of course we were told to downplay the events by the local mayor because a TON of revenue was about to be lost if we spooked any of the traveling New England tourists.

The problem was, there was this incredibly aggressive shark that was circling the island due to the excessive chumming the local fishing industry was doing only a few miles out, luring its activity closer and closer to the island. We had a neighbor lose his dog one morning as well as a a young woman of a couple that had mistakenly swam a little too far out off the beach late one evening.

Luckily we had a surly yet experienced boat captain (Quint, I think his name was?) that allowed us to use our research gear on his vessel. Together we tracked down this finned menace, finally putting an end to its reign of terror around the island.

Seems to happen every damned time I go out... :rolleyes:

Boating accident.JPG

A while back during my college years I stayed on Amity Island as a part of my Oceanography and marine biology courses. I was staying in a small little two bedroom apartment with my buddy Matt who was a ichthyologist . One day we were approached by the chief of police on the small island about a potential threat to not only the local ocean life but the population of the island as well. It just so happened that the tourist area of the island was where some of these happenings were taking place, of course we were told to downplay the events by the local mayor because a TON of revenue was about to be lost if we spooked any of the traveling New England tourists.

The problem was, there was this incredibly aggressive shark that was circling the island due to the excessive chumming the local fishing industry was doing only a few miles out, luring its activity closer and closer to the island. We had a neighbor lose his dog one morning as well as a a young woman of a couple that had mistakenly swam a little too far out off the beach late one evening.

Luckily we had a surly yet experienced boat captain (Quint, I think his name was?) that allowed us to use our research gear on his vessel. Together we tracked down this finned menace, finally putting an end to its reign of terror around the island.
Best of NWF , right here.

I never go fishing, and I love fishing.

Been on 2 deep sea charter trips (westport wa) in my entire life. First time out I started puking before we crossed the bar.
I did the barf and reel all day and never stopped smiling. I mean my cheeks hurt as bad as abs by the time we got back.
I caught 6 ling that day(helped the boat limit out ) , and I don't think I can ever top that personal record.
Awesome day.

I hafta ask... Did you need to get a bigger boat?

Do tell, was this the inspiration for the movie Jaws? :s0079:

I never go fishing, and I love fishing.

Been on 2 deep sea charter trips (westport wa) in my entire life. First time out I started puking before we crossed the bar.
I did the barf and reel all day and never stopped smiling. I mean my cheeks hurt as bad as abs by the time we got back.
I caught 6 ling that day(helped the boat limit out ) , and I don't think I can ever top that personal record.
Awesome day.
My wife has got you beat hands down!!! Years ago whenever we came aboard a certain Westport charter boat the Captain would get on the loud speaker and alert the days fishing party that limits will be early due to a special weapon named Melissa... :s0170::s0170::s0170:
We always got raves about those trips years ago...:D

Caught one of the biggest largemouth bass in my life at the gas dock in front of the lodge on table rock lake. White rooster tail.
Back when I was about 5-6 years old I loved to visit my favorite Aunt and Uncle who happened to live on the Ross Barnett Reservoir in Mississippi. They always had fishing poles rigged up at the boathouse and after some gracious pleasantries I'd always ask to go fishin. The first half dozen trips I cast so much that it felt like my arms were gonna fall off. Undeterred on one trip, my Uncle Lloyd told me exactly where to stand by the water, told me exactly where and how far to cast, on the first cast I hooked a very large smallmouth bass!!! I was hooked for life (I still am)... :p

I used to play with little boats way back when I was a kid
Always wanted this boat, couldn't ever get him to sell it to me!
A 1976 4 cylinder lite class Staudecker Ford Pinto power with a proven record!
1621221057897.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads