JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the tips, I will probably do all of that at some point. Right now though I have to figure out where I can place it in order to line up the studs - this will require rearranging.

Thanks for the tips, I will probably do all of that at some point. Right now though I have to figure out where I can place it in order to line up the studs - this will require rearranging.

If the studs don't work, you can add horizontal 2X4s to the wall, nailed securely into the corners, then bolt the safe to the new horizontals. In my case I had no studs to work with, but the corners had lots of good wood to reach. I used twenty-penny common nails, and I pre-drilled the nail holes in the horizontals so they were aimed right and did not split, and man, were they in securely after that! Even if it were possible to get a crowbar in there, it could NOT be pried out.......................elsullo

When I had a baby on the way (now 3 months old) I decided it was time to secure my guns. I didn't have a lot of money to work with and rent a house, so I bought a Stack-on black single door cab. When I buy a house and my collection has grown, I will buy the real deal. When it arrived, I put it in the corner of my office, bolted it to both walls (that will be fun to repair when we leave the rental) and bolted it to a 1-3/4 piece of plate steel. Must have added at least 100lbs to the safe and I didn't want to drill the concrete floor and install studs(rental house). With all the guns, ammo and my camera supplies in it, it's heavy. I do realize that all it takes is a decent hammer/chizzle/crow-bar attack to defeat the door, but it's better than nothing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top