JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks kind of like a mini storage container

-mentality-office-storage-cabinets-tmrerrhd-31_600.jpg

That's cool!
But speaking of boxes. Since there's a chance we may be having the 2a erased, who makes the best water proof underground boxes to store metal items? I'm worried those will spike in cost or even disappear.

Looks kind of like a mini storage container

View attachment 770062
:eek: Imo it's ridiculously expensive at $760ish and a terrible design. Requires 4!!! individual padlocks from what I can tell from photos.

Looking at that pick again, this appears to be made of wood? Why the heck would u put hardware like that to lock up something made of wood? Kinda looks like a Hollywood prop where they trap a creature in a wooden box with big chains and locks to ship it on a boat. Then it breaks through the box...

Last Edited:
Looking at that pick again, this appears to be made of wood? Why the heck would u put hardware like that to lock up something made of wood? Kinda looks like a Hollywood prop where they trap a creature in a wooden box with big chains and locks to ship it on a boat. Then it breaks through the box...

It is made from sheet metal

Smaller than I was thinking at 28w x 49h x 16d. Might make a good ammo cabinet. Some of us might need a couple for that purpose. It does look a little spendy though.

Smaller than I was thinking at 28w x 49h x 16d. Might make a good ammo cabinet. Some of us might need a couple for that purpose. It does look a little spendy though.
A 4-drawer HON file cabinet works well, and you can get them free at gub'mint excess yards...
Ammo dump.JPG
For sizing/capacity calcs, each drawer holds eight 500-rd boxes of 5.56/.223 rounds.
Even more if you're storing pistol rounds. So upwards of 16,000 rounds per file cabinet. :)

Last Edited:
Yea. And if I can't get horse meatballs and mashed potatoes with gravy for $2 while I'm there, why even bother?

A 4-drawer HON file cabinet works well, and you can get them free at gub'mint excess yards...
View attachment 771367
For sizing/capacity calcs, each drawer holds eight 500-rd boxes of 5.56/.223 rounds.
Even more if you're storing pistol rounds. So upwards of 16,000 rounds per file cabinet. :)
By useful info I am looking at the CASES stacked on top to counter-balance the opening of the drawers. My stacked "tool" chest tries like hell to tip over and crush me if I open more than 1 drawer at a time!

By useful info I am looking at the CASES stacked on top to counter-balance the opening of the drawers. My stacked "tool" chest tries like hell to tip over and crush me if I open more than 1 drawer at a time!
Yeah, you only need the rounds on top if you plan on opening more than a coupla drawers at a time.
I rarely do, but I ran outta space in all the drawers, so that's why there's a few thousand rounds thrown on top.
That, and I haven't found another cheap/free 4-drawer file cabinet yet... :oops:

You can get 4 or 5 drawer lateral file cabinets for free on Craigslist or $10 at goodwill. The old ones are built like a tank and all 4-5 drawers lock with 1 key (as it should be). They hold a tremendous amount of weight in the drawers. U can get keys made at locksmith for $10-$15 if key is missing. I am out a total of $25 for the 2 locking 4, 5 drawer ones I have. And the oldest one is as sturdy as a cheaper gun safe. Don't know why someone would pay $740 (x2) more for much less storage space. But then I'm into what works well, is tough and built to last, not the latest Soyboy fashion I guess. A865BBC5-6807-49E2-B6F8-2E2B655E6935.jpeg
free.JPG

Last Edited:
These are the DVD storage cabinets out of a movie rental place (remember those??). Three drawers per section, three sections here. $70 each on craigslist.
That's .44 Mag on the left, .45ACP in the middle, and .45 Colt on the right. Yes they do hold a fair amount of weight!!

WP_20201103_002.jpg

It looks like a tiny Conex box. I've seen those for $1500. So looking at the price I'd say this thing should cost a lot less than it does. A friend of mine has a row of salvaged school lockers that cost him something like $10 each. They are bolted to a concrete floor and cinderblock wall. He put a big bar across the whole row so they lock with one padlock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top