JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have access to a sandblasting cabinet that is capable of accepting long parts? I have 6 aluminum pipes (tubes), 2.5" in diameter and 40 to 49" in length. I need to have the paint blasted off, leaving a sanded finish for re-painting.

I have access to a 36" wide cabinet, but it's not wide enough and the cabinet is wedged between other equipment so I can't even rig up an extension.

You'd probably be best off with a pressure pot style blaster outside.

Otherwise find a shop who can do it for you. Large blast cabinets are ridiculously expensive.

Option C is to use a chemical paint stripper.

You'd probably be best off with a pressure pot style blaster outside.

Otherwise find a shop who can do it for you. Large blast cabinets are ridiculously expensive.

Option C is to use a chemical paint stripper.
Sadly, none of the local businesses that I've contacted have ever gotten back to me. It's as if they don't want the work.

I tried paint stripping and it just made a mess. Besides, this time around I want the sanded finish so that the paints adheres better.

Thanks though.

I don't have a blast cabinet anymore, got rid of it after finishing up a car project years ago. Would like to get one again, but I have limited space.

I had a shop in Donald sandblast a trailer frame for me a few years ago. GK Machine, I think it was.

Last Edited:
If you don't find a shop do you have a compressor? If so a cheap blastgun will work fine outside. Had one for many years I bought at Harbor Freight. Worked great for how amazingly cheap it was and I just did stuff in the back yard.

I don't have one large enough. Thanks though.

I don't have one large enough. Thanks though.
Bummer, hopefully a powder coat shop can help then and not too high price. They certainly would have to have cabinets large enough for what you are after. Wonder does anyone here know anyone who works for one? Maybe some employee would be willing to do it after hour's cash under the table? If so maybe hook the OP up with them and everyone makes out great.

I found a powder coating shop within 10 miles. Will cost me $125, but I think it's my only choice.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top