JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got one of these to meet even value in a knife exchange and they are actually pretty fun. Kind of like a balisong trainer for $10.

As a pen u have to use it closed so it's a bit odd. Basically you flip it open, rotate the end to extend the pen, Then flip it back closed to use the pen.

Never understood what the fuss is about for a balisong knife or why they cost 250 million dollars. When I was a kid we used to call them butterfly knives and they were pretty much a $10 toy. We used to have heavy all metal ones that squeaked like mad as they rotated around cuz they were junk.

DC356DBF-6E33-47CB-80E6-D982B191B14A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Got one of these to meet even value in a knife exchange and they are actually pretty fun. Kind of like a balisong trainer for $10.

As a pen u have to use it closed so it's a bit odd. Basically you flip it open, rotate the end to extend the pen, Then flip it back closed to use the pen.

Never understood what the fuss is about for a balisong knife or why they cost 250 million dollars. When I was a kid we used to call them butterfly knives and they were pretty much a $10 toy. We used to have heavy all metal ones that squeaked like mad as they rotated around cuz they were junk.

View attachment 1207659
Well, they had a sharp edge so there was that. Today all the cool kids have fidget spinners. But I agree with you, I never understood the fascination with butterfly knives/fidget spinners.

View attachment 1207659
They were outlawed primarily because too many kids/young adults were filleting themselves playing with them and winding up at the ER to get stitched up.

So I heard…

Weird though because when I read the second amendment it doesn't say anything about it being ok to infringe on arms.

They were outlawed primarily because too many kids/young adults were filleting themselves playing with them and winding up at the ER to get stitched up.

So I heard…
Not likely, most bans seem to be for similar reasons to Evil Black Rifle bans, they are scary looking and intimidating, combined with mild racial and gang stereotyping, and their use by the bad guys in the movies so they must be super deadly and dangerous along with throwing stars, nun chucks, switchblades, and stilletos.

Just updating this for completeness and I realize probably nobody cares ha ha but might as well write it down in case anyone is interested in future.

Looks like there are 3 models of this balisong pen.

1) made in China 1st generation (I assume) - can't use usa version refills. Cost < $10

517AE817-7996-467F-AC15-9181774B5418.jpeg

2) made in China 2nd generation (I assume) - can't use usa version refills. Cost < $10
70DABAD6-2D25-4515-A5DF-CD4E7817CF22.jpeg

3) made in usa using fisher space pen. Refills are specific for this pen can't use China version refills. Cost $35

9035482A-A4C6-42EF-9E29-0A1B31298980.jpeg

Ok so now I have made a weird pen even weirder. I like to use the frixion erasable ink pens so I figured why not see if it fits?

So I took a 0.5mm multi-pen refill and added a spacer to make the length right. Then cut down a worn out old eraser and stuck it in one of the holes. Actually works good but looks weird ha ha. Also it does not retract as is now and I don't really care about that enough to make it retractable.

2A380871-4C4B-4E3F-B36F-805E8C6B637F.jpeg
75CE0AB9-A075-45A9-838F-5181A9B7C30F.jpeg
6F0DE8C9-01B5-4F48-97D9-593E03E35172.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show