JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Spyderco C07PS Police that's brand new. Probably the second time taken out of the box for the pictures attached. I'm hesitant to use this as I don't want to ruin the finish. So my question is, is this a good knife? Is this a desirable knife? Is this something I could possibly trade up (plus cash) to something like Zero Tolerance or Benchmade? Guidance and info would be greatly appreciated!
AA360709-689E-43B2-AFBF-424CD131617E.jpeg 06E7CB93-4256-4B65-989C-DF08F057830B.jpeg 2CCAEAF6-7DEC-491F-8230-DE19AD93D867.jpeg EB421AD7-B8F2-4DD4-8EAD-E620F85E7AB3.jpeg BE053FA4-7FEA-4729-AA82-7C99194BB6E3.jpeg EA7E3433-60A4-4145-A2AB-D0B9D653142F.jpeg DA5A6BAB-49E0-4367-B084-8627AD83F84B.jpeg

Excellent knives. But yeah, that handle is going to show a lot of wear. For me that knife would be more of a collectible type thing.

I carry mine some, handle definitely will take scratches.
Get an Endura and/or a Delica.

Endura is almost the same size as police
Good call. I have an Endura that has seen better days. I even had to regrind a new tip but it's still hanging in there.

Any knife you plan to carry will get dinged. It gives a knife character.
You have a great knife there. I say carry it.

I still have a plain edge I got back in the 80's. Carried very little and cut nothing. It's been Enduras for me for decades since they're so light.

I found a Spyderco while working on my Tracker. The blade won't lock open. Any ideas? It is definately used.
I see one of two options. First, send it to me to get it out of your hair. Second, send it in to Spyderco to be serviced. Personally, option one is my favorite.

I have a Spyderco C07PS Police that's brand new. Probably the second time taken out of the box for the pictures attached. I'm hesitant to use this as I don't want to ruin the finish. So my question is, is this a good knife? Is this a desirable knife? Is this something I could possibly trade up (plus cash) to something like Zero Tolerance or Benchmade? Guidance and info would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 989782View attachment 989783View attachment 989784View attachment 989785View attachment 989786View attachment 989787View attachment 989788
My Spyderco Police is used daily and abused more often than not. Yeah, it's got some scratches in the finish but they are to be expected on a heavily used tool. My formal dress knife is a SOG Tomcat, if it gets ugly looking I drop it off and in an hour or so they've got it looking brand new and sharp enough to shave with!

IMHO, knives are tools to be used and taken care of, just like guns. If you want to collect something try stamps or coins. Now if it is rare and a 150+ years old well then maybe it's worth treating a little nicer and passing on to the grand kids or something.

Ok I'm pretty excited here......I bought this bad boy from the OP. Can't wait to see it in person.

And yeah.....I'm gonna carry it. Swap back and forth between it and my Infidel. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top