JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My edc is a spyderco Autonomy 2 from SMKW. S30v in an automatic is just plain awesome. I would personally always go plain edge. I can sharpen plain edges easily to beyond razor sharpness. It is rather annoying to resharpen serated edges.

I REALLY like my paramilitary 2. REALLY hate their warranty for being as expensive as they are.

To stay on topic, i only have plain edge knives, but i wouldnt mind a full serated/combo for specific uses (thinking as part of a bigout/get home bag)

I was a spyderco guy until I bought my 1st Kershaw
They sell stuff USA made and made elsewhere, just like Spyderco.
That little flipper lever on most Kershaws is why I switched, check them out.
1776.jpg
That's the1776 model Kershaw, kinda chunky for some.
Like anything else, I had to modify them by adding jibbing for my thumb:
BestJibS.jpg
This the OSO Sweet Kershaw, a little less chunky
OSO Sweet.jpg
You can see the flipper inside the bottom hilt at the back edge of the blade, I have no pics of the closed, sorry.

Never liked serrated for the same reasons already metioned.
BUT
I'll sharpen a knife with only the course stone of my Lanskey and only stroke it straight down over the blade with no lft/rt movement, indexing along the blade the width of the stone with the stone off the blade and stroke again, to sharpen the total length.
The resulting edge is all mini-miro grooved serrations, created by the rough diamond stone...try it.

I carry these in my pocket with no clip, and if I'm in a sketchy area I'll have one of these in the palm of my right hand/ready to flip open.
A simple search for Kershaw Knives on Amazon with result in a complete list of their knives, both foreign made and domestic.
Link:
Just some rambling of useless info and jmo,
:s0112:

Last Edited:
Curious what you don't like about their warranty?
Thats its pretty limited. You buy a $160 knife, and risk sending it in (you pay shipping, and repairs) then if they consider it "unrepairable" they send it back with a note suggesting retirement. They wont replace blades because they are "hand fit"

Yet benchmade will fix just about anything for free, and replace blades for a pretty low cost (at least last time i checked)

Heck, with Kershaw, my grandpa brought in a old inexpensive Chinese model. It wasnt fixable, so they gave him a nib model similar to what he had. No money, no questions asked.

Thats its pretty limited. You buy a $160 knife, and risk sending it in (you pay shipping, and repairs) then if they consider it "unrepairable" they send it back with a note suggesting retirement. They wont replace blades because they are "hand fit"

Yet benchmade will fix just about anything for free, and replace blades for a pretty low cost (at least last time i checked)

Heck, with Kershaw, my grandpa brought in a old inexpensive Chinese model. It wasnt fixable, so they gave him a nib model similar to what he had. No money, no questions asked.

Spyderco fan boy so I get my bias right out front. I have owned a couple hundred spyderco's and still own close to fifty maybe a few more or a few less but enough I don't want to count them. Carried a Spyderco predominantly for the last 10 plus years and have had to use Spyderco's warranty zero times. You don't need a warranty when the product is made right the first time. If I ever have to use Spyderco's warranty I have complete confidence Spyderco will make things right.

I have owned 20 or so benchmade knives over that same time period and still own five or six. I have had to send two in for warranty repairs and have another that needs to go in due to excessive blade play. Benchmade has made things right to their credit but I would have rather received a product that didn't need any warranty repairs.

If your in a situation and counting on your knife to perform a task and it fails, let me know how well that warranty works out. My long winded point being, one should not base their choice on warranty. They should base it on the past and present performance history and the products ability to meet the users needs.

The only time I'd consider the warranty in my knife choice would if the warrantee covered loss :D
Any knife I buy that cost over $100 is usually lost soon after purchase.
Story
Trarveling/moving cross country I had truck trouble and went to the closest Stealership.
Service manager predicted gloom and doom when I described the problem that turned up a bad "cam switch" and gave me a price that included 4-5 hours labor.
So I tell to do it and I'll pay up but don't leave sitting in the waiting room for 4-5 hours just because you charging me for that, just fix it so I can be on my way.
Nope their we sat for 4-5 hours and I'd walk out and see my truck with the mechanic working on the car NEXT to mine!
One trip out there I talked to the service guy and said if he's going to road test it I want to go with him.
Fast forward 4-5 hours and I see the wrench driving out/road testing in my truck !
He comes back, dosen't even come in, just backs my truck up to my cargo trailer, hooks it up, and disapears into another building while I'm paying, then comes up behind the counter and hands the guy my keys.

Guess what, an hour down the road, I reach down in the console for my SYDERCO and it's gone :s0054:
sorry for the bloviation,
:D

Last Edited:
Spyderco fan boy so I get my bias right out front. I have owned a couple hundred spyderco's and still own close to fifty maybe a few more or a few less but enough I don't want to count them. Carried a Spyderco predominantly for the last 10 plus years and have had to use Spyderco's warranty zero times. You don't need a warranty when the product is made right the first time. If I ever have to use Spyderco's warranty I have complete confidence Spyderco will make things right.

I have owned 20 or so benchmade knives over that same time period and still own five or six. I have had to send two in for warranty repairs and have another that needs to go in due to excessive blade play. Benchmade has made things right to their credit but I would have rather received a product that didn't need any warranty repairs.

If your in a situation and counting on your knife to perform a task and it fails, let me know how well that warranty works out. My long winded point being, one should not base their choice on warranty. They should base it on the past and present performance history and the products ability to meet the users needs.

I own both, and i use the spyderco more. Bit forbthe same money, and imho same quality. Warranty is an easy tie breaker. I wont get rid of anything i own because of it, but it matters in the event i need to use the warranty.

I was a spyderco guy until I bought my 1st Kershaw
They sell stuff USA made and made elsewhere, just like Spyderco.
That little flipper lever on most Kershaws is why I switched, check them out.
View attachment 737564
That's the1776 model Kershaw, kinda chunky for some.
Like anything else, I had to modify them by adding jibbing for my thumb:
View attachment 737565
This the OSO Sweet Kershaw, a little less chunky
View attachment 737566
You can see the flipper inside the bottom hilt at the back edge of the blade, I have no pics of the closed, sorry.

Never liked serrated for the same reasons already metioned.
BUT
I'll sharpen a knife with only the course stone of my Lanskey and only stroke it straight down over the blade with no lft/rt movement, indexing along the blade the width of the stone with the stone off the blade and stroke again, to sharpen the total length.
The resulting edge is all mini-miro grooved serrations, created by the rough diamond stone...try it.

I carry these in my pocket with no clip, and if I'm in a sketchy area I'll have one of these in the palm of my right hand/ready to flip open.
A simple search for Kershaw Knives on Amazon with result in a complete list of their knives, both foreign made and domestic.
Link:
Just some rambling of useless info and jmo,
:s0112:
I cinch a ziptie through the hole on my Endura, clip off rhe tail. It self opens when pulled from the front pocket.

I would strongly recommend you check out the byrd cara cara 2 if you're into the endura. the g10 version is an extra ten bucks and it's every bit as smooth as the endura. if you didn't know, byrd is owned by spyderco and makes less expensive knifes--often versions of their popular models--using lesser materials. if blade steel is important to you, you'll probably want to avoid them.
I have a handful of knives for sale including two pm2s with custom scales
feel free to hit me up if you're interested.

If you cut fish heads off, rope... serrated.
Paper, flesh, cloth, RB patches... plain.
One word on the VG10 blade... it's very high carbon stainless, and will darken if not kept clean. It's also a PITA to fix edge damage so don't cut wire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top