JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, have both the .45 and 9mm. Velzey did a caliber conversion on the 9mm, fitting a Wilson Match barrel and tuning so it can switch between 9mm and .38 Super. Two barrels, two sets of mags, two calibers in one Ronin :D

Was a project I wanted to do for a long time and the Ronin just presented itself as the perfect platform for such a project.
Nice I may have to try another more traditional 1911 in 9mm

This whole Prodigy thing has my head spinning and has me rethinking my collection . I tried to rack some of my other semi autos and man the Springfield's slide pull is so light it almost feels fake . I was wondering why can't all of the semi autos feel like that ? I am ok with my current revolver situation they are easy to work it is the slides I am getting older and hand strength is not what it used to be . I was also wondering is a single stack 1911 in 9mm as easy to manipulate as the Prodigy ?

This whole Prodigy thing has my head spinning and has me rethinking my collection . I tried to rack some of my other semi autos and man the Springfield's slide pull is so light it almost feels fake . I was wondering why can't all of the semi autos feel like that ? I am ok with my current revolver situation they are easy to work it is the slides I am getting older and hand strength is not what it used to be . I was also wondering is a single stack 1911 in 9mm as easy to manipulate as the Prodigy ?
They should be using the same springs. So even if they're not, you can swap out the springs.

You think if I did springs in the P220 it would make it feel like that and still run 110% ? I am just asking never did any spring swaps except to help a pistol run subs but this would be a game changer
I don't think it's recommended to go from 45 springs on a 9mm. I thought you were talking about switching 9mm springs with 9mm springs. Even when you're playing with full house loads in a caliber, you should swap the springs if you were previously using target weight springs.

I don't think it's recommended to go from 45 springs on a 9mm. I thought you were talking about switching 9mm springs with 9mm springs. Even when you're playing with full house loads in a caliber, you should swap the springs if you were previously using target weight springs.
Oh yes not putting 9mm springs in a 45 just using that as a example.I was just wondering what it would take to make other semis like that I used to think my P226 was smooth and easy to rack but now not so much

Oh yes not putting 9mm springs in a 45 just using that as a example.I was just wondering what it would take to make other semis like that I used to think my P226 was smooth and easy to rack but now not so much
Ahhh. I thought we were talking about the same thing, but you know what they say about assuming. You can use lighter 9mm springs, but it's recommended to not shoot hotter loads when you do that. Otherwise you'll beat up your gun. If I recall, the 226 has an aluminum frame.

Ahhh. I thought we were talking about the same thing, but you know what they say about assuming. You can use lighter 9mm springs, but it's recommended to not shoot hotter loads when you do that. Otherwise you'll beat up your gun. If I recall, the 226 has an aluminum frame.
Yea but now I want all of my semi auto pistols to feel like the Prodigy so not doable ? I believe the answer is to get another Prodigy and sell my other stuff !

Didn't read all comments but I'll give my 2 cents.
I've been eyeing 2011s for a long time but I never had a chance (i.e. MONEY) to pick one up. My "bucket list" gun is an Atlas. After shooting one I was just mesmerized with the way it feels and shoots. I was able to hit a 6" plate at 20yds with a pretty decent speed as the gun doesn't move when shooting.
Anyways, I thought about a staccato P and was really saving up to get one but then I came across the Prodigy and all the mixed reviews… Two days later and I was picking one up.
Here is the "why": Springfield had the balls to come up with a 2011 (yes, it is a 2011. It takes staccato/atlas parts and mags and therefore is not a Rock Island double stack or the just released Kimber double stack.)
If you get a complete lemon but you know your way around your guns, with as little as $400 you can make this gun outshoot any Staccato P and in my math we are talking about $1500-1600 for a decked out prodigy with optics cut, bull barrel, amazing grip texture and great fitment versus a $2100 Staccato P with only iron sights. If you want optics cut is $2400. If you want a different plate for it, add $150. For me, $1000 buys a lot of ammo or a nice gun, or targets.
I got the 4.25" version, an IWB and an OWB holster, a couple of Staccato mags and it seems to run fine. If I have problems, Springfield will take care of it and from what I was reading they come back whooping bubblegum after they go in for warranty and like I said, if I'm still not satisfied, a $150 EGW ignition kit, a BrazosTrigger and some polishing will make it shoot just as good as a Staccato.
If you have the extra dough, by all means get a Staccato but for a budget guy like me, I'm beyond happy with this being my first 2011.
By the way, I got it from SPORTSMANS for less than $1200 and I'll add a post to DEALS explaining how people can save some money when buying from big stores like that.

Hello all-

Sample size of 3 (my 4.25, my buddy's 4.25 and another buddy's 5 inch). All three run great with all sorts of different 9mm ammo. Combined we have over 25 mags. No problems.

My only (minor) gripe is the recessed slide stop lever. For me, it is difficult to lock the slide open without significantly shifting my grip. Not an issue if shooting. More of an issue when inspecting the chamber prior to dry firing, or the rendering safe process.

One of my buddy's was not a fan of the 1911 at all (to put it mildly, and yes, he has owned several including those that should have been great). He put 50 rounds through my prodigy, promptly bought one, and now it is his carry gun. I was SHOCKED, lol!

As has been previously stated, if you have an issue with your prodigy, SA will take good care of you.

BTW- I'm told that there is a certain amount of other manufacturers 2011 parts compatibility with the prodigy. I view that as a good thing!

Best regards.

WMB

Hello all-

Sample size of 3 (my 4.25, my buddy's 4.25 and another buddy's 5 inch). All three run great with all sorts of different 9mm ammo. Combined we have over 25 mags. No problems.

My only (minor) gripe is the recessed slide stop lever. For me, it is difficult to lock the slide open without significantly shifting my grip. Not an issue if shooting. More of an issue when inspecting the chamber prior to dry firing, or the rendering safe process.

One of my buddy's was not a fan of the 1911 at all (to put it mildly, and yes, he has owned several including those that should have been great). He put 50 rounds through my prodigy, promptly bought one, and now it is his carry gun. I was SHOCKED, lol!

As has been previously stated, if you have an issue with your prodigy, SA will take good care of you.

BTW- I'm told that there is a certain amount of other manufacturers 2011 parts compatibility with the prodigy. I view that as a good thing!

Best regards.

WMB
Exactly! Like I mentioned on mine, the prodigy takes Atlas/EGW/staccato parts. Slide to frame fit is excellent. If the internals fail, get new internals and you have a staccato grade-ish 2011 for less than 2k with optics cut. In my opinion it is a SOLID 2011 for those being introduced to the platform. It is my first 2011 and I'm beyond happy with it.

Against my better judgement, I picked up a 5in yesterday. It is so different from my other guns, including 1911s. Full of anticipation to go shoot it hopefully later today. Got smacked in the wallet by the hype train

Against my better judgement, I picked up a 5in yesterday. It is so different from my other guns, including 1911s. Full of anticipation to go shoot it hopefully later today. Got smacked in the wallet by the hype train
You will not be let down believe me I am ready to get rid of some stuff and get another it is worth every penny !