JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope but I have one of these :

4591FB71-3843-4ADF-931D-2797C18BC2F9.jpeg
I do run the Springfield mags with it though. No issues so far.
I can vouch for the mags that's my 2cents!

Not only did it come in today but instant approval!

View attachment 1402990
Okay, really hate to do this, BUT. I'm a Springfield fan in general. We recently picked up a Ronin. I guess that's Ronin is always 9mm? Full size. Attractive weapon. I don't understand why, for $800.00, they won't put a full size guide rod in it? The trigger is okay, but not as good as my entry lever Kimber Stainless
II from 2011. And for Christ's sake, a GD cheesy little zippered pouch!? Single layer, zero padding, no extra mag pouch sewn in? WTH?

And for what you paid for yours? Same cheesy pouch! Makes me glad all my buys, except that ronin, have been old guns in the last seven years or so.

Last Edited:
I was with my buddy when he broken his new one in, about 300 rounds. I think one FTE or FTF at around 240 and then good since. Smooth shooting. I ran a mag through it and it was nice. He was quite happy. He'd seen the bad reviews, but he racked the "hell out of the slide" before taking it out. He said that was key in his opinion.

Okay, really hate to do this, BUT. I'm a Springfield fan in general. We recently picked up a Ronin. I guess that's Ronin is always 9mm? Full size. Attractive weapon. I don't understand why, for $800.00, they won't put a full size guide rod in it? The trigger is okay, but not as good as my entry lever Kimber Stainless
II from 2011. And for Christ's sake, a GD cheesy little zippered pouch!? Single layer, zero padding, no extra mag pouch sewn in? WTH?

And for what you paid for yours? Same cheesy pouch! Makes me glad all my buys have been old guns in the last seven years or so.
Love me some Ronin, for under $800, just can't go wrong. This is my bi-caliber example (9mm/.38 Super)…

761C6F95-922C-49A2-B2DC-7E721C9006C2.jpeg

And for what you paid for yours? Same cheesy pouch! Makes me glad all my buys, except that ronin, have been old guns in the last seven years or so.
Yes got the same pouch for $1400 it makes a good mag pouch ?

Hit the range ran 250 rounds of some 115 gr Sig some 124 gr PMC 124 brass no issues at all she acted hungry. The only issue was my fault did not check the rear sight/plate and came loose but has since been blue loctite down I do not really go for optics . The target was from a 2-26 round mag dump and believe me it likes to run fast and made short work of a 50 round box of 9mm . The mags work great easy enough to load and lock securely and at $44 a pop that is not bad .

781BCDD7-A5E2-4C01-A5BA-12742BA7E7CE.jpeg D68E92F4-7369-4E53-A7D4-C44FB440564F.jpeg

Hit the range ran 250 rounds of some 115 gr Sig some 124 gr PMC 124 brass no issues at all she acted hungry. The only issue was my fault did not check the rear sight/plate and came loose but has since been blue loctite down I do not really go for optics . The target was from a 2-26 round mag dump and believe me it likes to run fast and made short work of a 50 round box of 9mm . The mags work great easy enough to load and lock securely and at $44 a pop that is not bad .

View attachment 1403266 View attachment 1403267
Well is it worth the $1500?

Yes got the same pouch for $1400 it makes a good mag pouch ?
Something else. That kind of money, and only ONE mag? We didn't even look at what Springfield wanted, we just got a MecGar.
You enjoy that fine gun! I've got a couple, what I call fine guns, price wise. The Kimber and a Tanfoglio. These days, "fine Gun" in my book is going to be 70 years old, or older I think.

Something else. That kind of money, and only ONE mag? We didn't even look at what Springfield wanted, we just got a MecGar.
You enjoy that fine gun! I've got a couple, what I call fine guns, price wise. The Kimber and a Tanfoglio. These days, "fine Gun" in my book is going to be 70 years old, or older I think.
Heck yea they used to make them good back in the day most companies had standards ! I got two mags with mine and purchased the extra 2x26 round magazines and not going to complain about $44 ea that is a steal now and they worked fine .

The have the Ronin in 9mm and 45 acp ?
Yup, have both the .45 and 9mm. Velzey did a caliber conversion on the 9mm, fitting a Wilson Match barrel and tuning so it can switch between 9mm and .38 Super. Two barrels, two sets of mags, two calibers in one Ronin :D

Was a project I wanted to do for a long time and the Ronin just presented itself as the perfect platform for such a project.