JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my prodigy
Smooth as heck to rack the slide
Extremely nice grip
Positive clicks on the safety
Ordered a 26 rd mag for it
Changed out the guide rod to a full length one piece and 12 pd spring .

In no way shape or form am I going to compare it to staccato. I appreciate the springer for what it is
IMG_5139.jpeg

Currently at the range testing it next to my shadow 2 SA. I like to think it's a fair comparison with both being steel frame single action full size guns in 9mm with 17 round flush magazines. As of so far, no hiccups and I'm a generally happy camper. No groups to show as I'm just shooting steel.

KIMG0299.JPG

I have one and mine ran great stock, I am the one that evidently put a Rolex movement in a timex. Although not really the same. The fit and finish on mine was fantastic. I typically change out the internals on my guns anyway.
The slide to frame fit measured better than all of my staccatos and street price is around 1300 so it's an awesome base gun. All the issues I have seen can be fixed with recoil springs extractor tuning and on some cases maybe a chamber ream. I actually sold my Stacc XC after I got my prodigy back because I preferred the prodigy and the owner of Iron Monkey wanted to build a showpiece for shot show.

4B67D367-E0F4-4FD3-931E-EF540C51AC93.jpeg E95F67CA-B7BC-4B81-87CD-3E28B7311BF9.jpeg 3F2E6EEC-9531-4057-86A1-F6A304B96137.jpeg 692BDDF2-AE6C-4C3D-8182-7739317119FA.jpeg BAB9EFDC-54BA-47D0-9A71-F065518C0B66.jpeg

Currently at the range testing it next to my shadow 2 SA. I like to think it's a fair comparison with both being steel frame single action full size guns in 9mm with 17 round flush magazines. As of so far, no hiccups and I'm a generally happy camper. No groups to show as I'm just shooting steel.

View attachment 1410516

Tagged for more comparison info-
I bought a Shadow whilst waiting for the DWX to launch, really enjoying shooting it, but the Prodigy has my interest now....

Tagged for more comparison info-
I bought a Shadow whilst waiting for the DWX to launch, really enjoying shooting it, but the Prodigy has my interest now....
I shot 115, 124 and 147 grain with both. The shadow is like a laser beam, just put the fiber optic on what you want to hit and squeeze the trigger. The prodigy is similar, though not as precise in that I hit the target 9/10 as often so still very good especially for a first outing.

The recoil impulse was similar between the two until I shot 147s which the shadow noticeably handled worse. Prodigy doesn't seem to care about grain weight HOWEVER with the 115s, the spent cases only fell out of the chamber instead of flying out. One landed right at my feet so I'm going with new gun break in on that.

Triggers: the prodigy has an ok trigger. It has some take up, a little creep and a clean break. I have not weighed it yet. It has smoothed out some from my range trip and I'm happy with it. Looks adjustable though until I decide if I want this to be a range or defensive gun, I'll leave it alone. The shadow has a two stage rifle like trigger. A lot of initial take up, no creep and a very crisp break. It is much lighter, to the point that it almost becomes "scary" when switching to it from the prodigy. The way a target gun should be.

To be frank, my initial impressions lead me to believe the shadow is a better built gun. It is tighter and smoother, about 6oz heavier like a tank with a precision trigger, my cost was about 1300 on it and I think I got what I paid for. The prodigy feels more like the batmobile with it's all black coloring and full set of features. Is it worth 1500? I'm on the fence about that. I think it's a very, very good gun. Damn good. If it were 1300 I'd say yes without hesitation. If it were 1700 I'd say no, there are better guns for that price.

Hope this is the info you wanted. If you want specifics, just ask

I shot 115, 124 and 147 grain with both. The shadow is like a laser beam, just put the fiber optic on what you want to hit and squeeze the trigger. The prodigy is similar, though not as precise in that I hit the target 9/10 as often so still very good especially for a first outing.

The recoil impulse was similar between the two until I shot 147s which the shadow noticeably handled worse. Prodigy doesn't seem to care about grain weight HOWEVER with the 115s, the spent cases only fell out of the chamber instead of flying out. One landed right at my feet so I'm going with new gun break in on that.

Triggers: the prodigy has an ok trigger. It has some take up, a little creep and a clean break. I have not weighed it yet. It has smoothed out some from my range trip and I'm happy with it. Looks adjustable though until I decide if I want this to be a range or defensive gun, I'll leave it alone. The shadow has a two stage rifle like trigger. A lot of initial take up, no creep and a very crisp break. It is much lighter, to the point that it almost becomes "scary" when switching to it from the prodigy. The way a target gun should be.

To be frank, my initial impressions lead me to believe the shadow is a better built gun. It is tighter and smoother, about 6oz heavier like a tank with a precision trigger, my cost was about 1300 on it and I think I got what I paid for. The prodigy feels more like the batmobile with it's all black coloring and full set of features. Is it worth 1500? I'm on the fence about that. I think it's a very, very good gun. Damn good. If it were 1300 I'd say yes without hesitation. If it were 1700 I'd say no, there are better guns for that price.

Hope this is the info you wanted. If you want specifics, just ask
Should start following my "DEALS" thread! Could have snagged a Prodigy for 1200. Still can!

Should start following my "DEALS" thread! Could have snagged a Prodigy for 1200. Still can!
Mine came with the optic and extra plate, OTD price was 1460.

Can you link your thread? I can't find it, maybe another member seeing this thread would like to jump on that because 1200 is definitely worth it

Can you link your thread? I can't find it, maybe another member seeing this thread would like to jump on that because 1200 is definitely worth it

Here! You saw it before I believe.
I think that for $12-1300 it is a solid option to get introduced to the 2011 platform.
I shot an Atlas before and always imagined the 2011 as a "dream gun" of some sort but the Springer brings the 2011 to the masses.
A good slide to frame fit and if you really want to get it dialed, with another $1300 you can have it running side by side with a Staccato XC to some extent. Keep in mind that this is 50% of the value of an XC.

I will put a thread together at some point with a full review of my 4.25 but it made me fall in love with 2011 and consider jumping into a Staccato but at the same time, I'm the back of my mind lives the idea of buying a 5" prodigy and dropping another $12-1500 on it to get the DSX package on it + some fine tuning. It would be about the price of a Staccato P but would probably run better. Anyways, one thing is for sure, this gun made me rethink all my gun purchases and now I have multiple threads on "Classifieds" so I can invest the money on another gun in this same platform.

I got the 4.25"
I racked the slide a bunch prior to shooting, kept cleaning it and re-oiling. Lots of cerakote came off of the rails and now it's smooth. Shot 250+ rounds the other day. It shot great. My friend with a staccato said he thought it was a really good shooter.
Shot 100 more rounds today ran without issue.

Like what I am reading purchase one Wednesday picking it up on Friday. I have been eyeing this gun for several months. Pulled into Bi-Mart not at all expecting to see it in the display case. Called another popular gun shop in the Portland area thinking it should be somewhat cheaper there, same dam price. So now or never. Excited as all get out about taking it out this weekend. Will update.

I have been following the prodigy awhile. At initial release the full size version did have some hiccups for folks but I think a recoil spring change fixed that. I believe the 4.25 inch version was good to go.

It does land in what I think is a difficult price range though with so many great options for guns in the 1200-1500 range. But the prodigy has mag compatibility with staccato which is a nice selling point if your looking for an entry level 2011. Since if you ever want to get a staccato you would already have mags.

Also 1911's are one thing Springfield does do well. So I'm not surprised that they could do a 2011 well.

I have been following the prodigy awhile. At initial release the full size version did have some hiccups for folks but I think a recoil spring change fixed that. I believe the 4.25 inch version was good to go.

It does land in what I think is a difficult price range though with so many great options for guns in the 1200-1500 range. But the prodigy has mag compatibility with staccato which is a nice selling point if your looking for an entry level 2011. Since if you ever want to get a staccato you would already have mags.

Also 1911's are one thing Springfield does do well. So I'm not surprised that they could do a 2011 well.
I posted my Prodigy for sale. Asking 1400 with optic included. After owning it for a while and shooting it quite a bit, I'm only letting it go to jump into a Staccato XC. Other than that, I would keep this gun, and, if I save enough to buy the XC prior to selling the prodigy, I'll most likely keep both.

And did you try it yet ? What are your thoughts on the investment ?
Shot it lots. I like it, though there are things I'd like to change. Mostly the optics plate. I can't keep that sucker from loosening up for the life of me. It's broken in nicely, trigger has cleaned up some however I'll admit, it's got some creep now. Like it much much better with irons than a red dot, both functionally and aesthetically, the way a 1911 flavor of gun should look

So… I withdrew my WTS ad for the Prodigy.
This weekend I had the opportunity to shoot and play with a Staccato XC and I'll give my $.02 in a bit but before I would like to say that when I was about to purchase my first 2011, I played with both the Prodigy and the Staccato C2 at Sportsman's Warehouse and I chose the Prodigy because it felt much better. When you rack the slide on the Prodigy, it feels like butter, smooth surface touching smooth surface. When I felt the C2 it had a gritty feeling to it, like there were debris on the rails, and with the Prodigy price point, I chose to go with it.
Fast forward to last weekend, after watching multiple reviews on the XC and reading multiple threads on every single forum out there, I had the chance to shoot and feel one and I must say, that gritty feeling was there… 😫
Yes, it shoots much flatter, and it looks great as well but it is not what I was expecting from a $4k plus gun.
I shot and felt an Atlas before and the prodigy feels more like it than the XC 🤷‍♂️
I got back home and took my prodigy completely apart and after examining frame and slide for some time I decided to go ahead and "invest" in the Prodigy to make it shoot like an XC. Staccato owners, please don't roast me! I know the Prodigy will never be a Staccato, but, I want to see how close I can get and for how much.
Expect a detailed thread on the "build" once my parts arrive. I hope to have some of you following it.

Shot it lots. I like it, though there are things I'd like to change. Mostly the optics plate. I can't keep that sucker from loosening up for the life of me. It's broken in nicely, trigger has cleaned up some however I'll admit, it's got some creep now. Like it much much better with irons than a red dot, both functionally and aesthetically, the way a 1911 flavor of gun should look
I had mine come loose believe I did 25# and some blue loctite 400 rounds after no sign of looseness