JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well im going on my first bear hunt with another member from on here (sharkbait) and we could really use any advise on where to go. i was thinking around vernonia or jewl area. just curious if anyone has seen any track:confused:

I haven't been up there since november, but I was deer hunting just out of Vernonia this last fall and saw 2 bears within a couple square miles just out of town. Basically if you look at google maps it was the area northwest of the vernonia cemetery. Drive toward the cemetery on Bridge street,park near the second gate on your left just before the cemetery and walk in. There are miles of logging roads and trails surrounded by clear cuts, standing timber and reprod. I saw both in the reprod. Don't know if this helps at all but the bears are there. Good luck.

Honestly there are very few bears in those units. Most of the land is on private timber lands and timber companies pay for bear removal. They can use hounds snare or what ever to remove bears. So they keep the bear numbers down there are a few but not many. Your better off hunting public land where there are more bears.

i didn't have any luck with my fall bear in the jewell/vernonia area this year but i didn't have much luck with anything this last year

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top