JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is just...

I don't have words for it.

On the one hand she did not have his permission, on the other hand it could be said she was just making sure he complied with a court order. If the police had done it, would they have arrested themselves?

She should have taken steps to get herself a firearm or something else.

If she truly feared for her life, why would she go into his home? Break into it? What if he was there or came home during???
I mean, think about it... he could have blasted her right then and there and it would probably have been justified. "your honor, I came home and found my estranged wife standing there pointing a gun at me, I feared for my life..."

I suspect it was more about her sticking it to him... I get the feeling that whatever their differences, there was probably a lot of 'mutual combat' going on.

But can you blame her?

The guy rammed her car. He was obviously prone to violence. Had she not done this we probably would be reading about how he shot her.

As reported. Yet they let him out after 1 day in jail? There are three possibilities:

1) Never happened.
2) She slammed on her brakes inducing a crash.
3) It happened as reported.

I think it should be pretty obvious based on how often basic firearms facts get twisted or are in complete error to push an agenda, that the same thing could happen in any newspaper article.

As I don't know the whole story, I don't know who I would side with on this one. I've known more than one case where it turned out the female "victim" was actually Bat S.... crazy and upon further investigation it was discovered the male was the actual victim.

She should have asked the police to confiscate his guns, not broken into his house. How would she even know whether all of his guns were in his house? If she was worried that he might actually shoot her, as opposed to rear ending her car, she could have told the police that she believed he had guns and stayed somewhere else until things cooled down. The fact that he rear ended her in a parking lot does not support the "tried to run her over" news narrative.

But can you blame her?

The guy rammed her car. He was obviously prone to violence. Had she not done this we probably would be reading about how he shot her.
This makes her no different than a vigilante. Perhaps even worse, she somehow gained access to his apartment. Last I understood, that's breaking and entering and theft of firearms...

But back to the vigilante aspect... Do we really want people taking the law into their own hands? I mean seriously? I understand the concern of him being violent, but that's what the police are paid to do, enforce the laws.

The confiscation talk is frightening. Just because you (or her In this case) feels frightened, doesnt mean your guns go to uncle Sam. Was the rear ending proven to be malicious or was he too close to stop? Just because hes at fault, does that equate to malicious intent?
What if you rear end someone while texting trying to get booty pics from your side piece and rear end someone? What about this, Can they come after you, have all your guns taken after seeing your sick thin blue line melon labia stickers? Im sure it makes someone, somewhere scared.

No matter what you do, even the GOVERNMENT has to get a warrant to break into your home. A spouse or ex doesnt get to circumvent that. The ends don't justify the means here. Just because you scare someone doesn't mean they get to sic our employees on us.

"Bring bachelors and come heavily armed"

Last Edited:

Things don't always make sense in domestic situations but from my point of view, if you claim your fear of something your actions should reflect it. There are several sources of info, so not one clear narrative.

The police with the most facts seem to lean toward the husband. Any one of the things she claimed he did should have had him held for more than a day. The main story was from the Huff Post with a major anti gun rights bias and referred to his two firearms as an arsenal.

Appearantly, between the two of them, they don't have enough brain cells to fill a thimble...

So I want to know if she's being charged with theft of the firearms. She should be if they were never legally transferred to her name...

If it were me, I'd want her charged with everything possible. Make her an example for others to not follow.

Imagine, Constitutionally guaranteed Civil Rights removed because you frighten someone...

Oh dear Lord have mercy on these poor pathetic souls who live their lives so frightened...
Is this really about Constitutional rights? Then here's the flip side of what you said: Imagine the legally armed soul who is placed in such fear for his life that he is willing to take violent action with the real potential to remove - permanently - another person's Constitutionally guaranteed right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. For most of us, this is a very easy scenario to imagine; in fact, anyone who carries for self-defense should have actually made a decision about that scenario a long time ago.

Can you decide from the available info if that woman was vindictive, merely a bit frightened, or actually in fear for her life? Neither can I.

We can compare available alternatives, though. Would it have been better for her to (1) do nothing except wait, hoping against hope that the dude wouldn't come at her with the guns he agreed to relinquish in exchange for release, (2) arm herself and be ready to "stop the threat" when he comes at her with a gun, or (3) commit a non-violent, preemptive burglary to effectively disarm the person who she believed posed an ongoing threat to her life?

Choices 1 and 2 have real potential for one or both of them to be seriously injured or dead. She chose number 3 - which left no one injured or dead - to non-violently de-fang the perceived threat, even though it made her vulnerable to burglary charges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews