JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh...great...
Now they can do Sportsmans what they did to Cabela's. Gives me less reason to go to Sportsman's now.

"To further strengthen steadfast commitment to customers...yadda...yadda..." Didn't Kmart say the same thing when their parent company bought Sears? Look what happened with that dumpster fire.

I guess I'm confused...Sportsman's always seem REALLY expensive/poor selection to me. At least Cabela's has more selection. (usually)
Not my local Sportsman's. At least, when they have powder or primers, they put it on display with prices showing. The Cabelas I have visited, they hide it behind the counter, so you have to wait in line to be told they either don't have what you are looking for, or it is too overpriced to be considered. I was sorry to hear of BPS's latest acquisition. Cabela's used to have some decent specials on firearms before the take over.

I don't think it is possible to care any less than I presently do, but agree with the assessment it probably isn't going to lead to a better experience for the consumer.

This is very sad news indeed! Prices at SW have gone up but prices at Cabs were for price check unless they were trying to suck you into 'impulse' buys. Good way to get rid of the 'brick and mortar' stores. But as the recent shipping debacle shows, patience is now replacing 'instant gratification'!

I'll pay exagerated prices at a store that offers decent inventory and decent service. Cabela's no longer has either. I can't necessarily blame them for all their inventory issues, but I can blame them for their increasingly poor service, which keeps me away from their store. I did lower my guard recently and entered their Tualatin store. I needed two items from their auto/electronic section. I couldn't find one of the items, and the other item had no price. There were two young employees fiddling with an electronics display. I stood in front of them, expecting some help, but was ignored. Finally I asked them if they were working, as I needed some assistance. Apparently I was invisible. I asked again. They laughed and kept on playing with their display. And I left. This is the treatment that keeps me from shopping at Cabela's. I will not celebrate, if in fact, Cabela's takes over Sportsman's. Sportsman's is not much better, service-wise, but I do believe their prices to have been somewhat better.

Last Edited:
I used to enjoy going to the Sportsman's Warehouse 50 miles South of me. Cabela's is 60 miles North. I went to the Cabela's once, back in March. Great deals on some items, but their powder selection was a joke, guns were overpriced, sales people were dismissive, and it seemed like a store geared towards Hiker Karens; a common and virulent breed around here.

Haven't been to the Sportman's since July, but did score some large pistol primers back then. Much better selection of firearms and related items and smoking hot female sales people.

Whether I patronize a vendor or not, I still lament the trend of stores reducing or eliminating firearms and related products.

I recently bought a CZ shotgun from Sportsmans, only the second firearm purchase from them in the past 24 years. By comparison, I've bought three rifles, three pistols and four Aero lowers from Sporting Systems in the past four years even though no one accuses them of being a low-price source.

Not good for competition and not good for regular gun/outdoor folks either. Big outdoor brands have already consolidated to the point of locking out younger folks from starting their own companies in that space in their communities. We've seen this sort of march toward monopolies before in the 1890s and it was terrible for America.

Not good for competition and not good for regular gun/outdoor folks either. Big outdoor brands have already consolidated to the point of locking out younger folks from starting their own companies in that space in their communities. We've seen this sort of march toward monopolies before in the 1890s and it was terrible for America.
When I was a teen, there were eight stores in my area that sold guns and ammo. Then Walmart moved in and 30 years later, there are two.

Now that Walmart has discontinued pistol ammo and handgun sales, so I'm hoping someone steps up and opens a shop. With Biden looking to end online sales, I'm sure there will be opportunity for brick and mortar stores.

When I was a teen, there were eight stores in my area that sold guns and ammo. Then Walmart moved in and 30 years later, there are two.

Now that Walmart has discontinued pistol ammo and handgun sales, so I'm hoping someone steps up and opens a shop. With Biden looking to end online sales, I'm sure there will be opportunity for brick and mortar stores.

I hope this will prove true. I hope it will be true without further theft of our rights.

Really great as now most of the larger gun retailers are now owned by BPS Direct, LLC. I wonder how long it is going to take George Soros to make an offer then close them all down in order to appease his anti gun stance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top