JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will plug Cabala's once. I went there recently and bought a used a BCM REECE AR carbine. Best AR I've ever fired, flawless shooter. I'd spend more time at Sportsman's but with no used guns, I don't find much of interest. Not impressed with either store but it's all most of us have.

I recently bought a shotgun at Sportsman's in Kelso. The price was as cheap as anywhere on-line and every person I interfaced with was very friendly and professional. I was pleasantly surprised with the entire transaction. I hope that doesn't change with this merger but I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, few realize that when companies merge or are bought out, the customer is going to end up paying for the transaction. The "buyer" (surviving entity) raises prices/cuts service/lays off employees to compensate for the cost of acquisition, and then continues to profit afterwards.

I have observed a reluctance by all the levels of Government to enforce the anti-trust laws that were enacted in response to the last great bout of monopoly exploitation. We are well into the Golden Age 2.0, with the tech sector leading the pack. :mad:

Ahh damn. It's been stated multiple times already but I believe it's going to result in the BP/Cabelas scenario. Push that 'one' sale item to bring you in the store, credit card deals, and advertise items they don't actually have in stock. Fun times. Sportys will be missed:(

When Amazon was getting going real good and Smart phones started to get good some electronic chain stores were lamenting this. People would come it to look at an item, then order it on their phone in front of the clerk helping them.

I flip the script with Amazon, when I go into a brick-n-mortar, I consume Amazon's review resources to check if a product I am looking at is any good. I don't care if Amazon is cheaper (surprise, often times they aren't cheaper) I just want to see customer feedback on that certain product. Amazon reviews can be a very useful tool.
I probably surprise many store clerks that I still buy from them despite attentively reading on my phone for a while before choosing a product.

Sportsman's does the primer sale once a year, that was one of my favorite things to hit up no one puts those on sale. Bass pro ruined Cabelas they will make sure sportsman's is lame......Profit over people

Well... This week the lady at the Salem Sportsmans counter said they get a call the day before the truck shows up. She said they hadn't received the call on the normal day this week, so she didn't know when more ammo would be in. Plus, the 9mm I was able to get last week is now $15.99/ box of 50 and the 5.56 was $11.99/ box of 20. So at the moment, they aren't too sure when to expect incoming shipments, and as far as the ammo pricing, it already went up.

Looks like I'm the only one on here that is actually looking forward to soon being able to use my Cabela's gift cards at Sportsman's Warehouse. I don't think this merge/acquisition/whatever will raise prices at my local Sportsman's because their prices are already jacked.

This sucks and is really bad for the consumer. Even less competition then there already is. Cabelas/BP it terrible. Bad selection and high prices. I drive an hour to go to Sportsman's even though there is a Cabelas in my town. I guess I'll save gas now since they will be the same. I really hope they don't change them to pretty much only sell the Cabelas/BP house brands, but I'm sure they will, that's what makes them the most money.

I gotta throw my hat into the "they are too expensive anyways" category.

We do a lot of camping and overlanding. The only reasons I have ever been into these stores (a few years back in calmer times) was to look at their firearms and ammo. Mainly window-shopping.
However, we'd go into the rest of the store and holy cow the prices are nosebleed high. When we first got into camping, we shopped at Target (they used to have a great camping section) and WalMart. And lately it's been online through all sorts of resellers.

So, those stores were dead to me anyway. I am always surprised to see them so busy, apparently. Normally I prefer to patronize brick-and-mortar places, even if they are a bit more expensive. In this case, I don't mind to recommend online (just avoid Amazon if at all possible!:mad:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top