JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My sister has been talking about selling my house and hers and getting a large, multi family place on some land. One of the places her husband has been looking at is Spokane. Just looking at the demos and the location i would think it would be a more conservative place but the crime rate is a bit worrisome.

Any one have first hand opinions of this place?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Spokane. It has horrible weather, its isolated, and even though its still somewhat still conservative, its laws are still dictated the liberal West side....

Jeez that's sad. :)

I did a detail there, late last summer. The place had a bit of a Bakersfield California vibe to it. Not negative really, kind of buzzed up on sunshine and students on break.

East Spokane/Spokane Valley/Post falls/Coeur d Alene has fallen victim to urban sprawl and is pretty much one continuous uninterrupted city with the problems of any city flowing freely between them. If you can get fifteen minutes out of the city limits of the major urban areas there are dozens of small towns with low crime and friendly people (Deer Park and Suncrest are exeptions, too many Californians). Cost of living is pretty low but high paying jobs can be pretty scarce if you don't have something lined up.

Although this winter is extremely mild some winters can be pretty bad but I snowboard, have a 4x4 and a woodstove so I root for it. I hope it snows ten feet tomorrow. If you like the outdoors you can be on top of Mt Spokane taking runs or snowshoeing or snowmobiling within half hour of downtown. I like it here because you can get all the amenities of big city life (tons of nice restaurants, breweries, distilleries etc) but be in the middle of nowhere within an hour of traveling any direction and the traffic is nowhere near as bad as the SeaTac or PDX areas.

I've spent some time there and to the north and south of Spokane.

The east side of the Cascades can be quite a bit colder than over here, as in temps dropping down to zero or below, and sometimes quite a bit of snow.

If you are prepared for that, and careful in the winter, then north and N/NW of Spokane has some nice areas. I looked around for land in the area back around '95 when I was younger and I liked it - just didn't feel like committing to it, especially since I couldn't get a job there. Now I am too old and like the warmer weather too much.

If you need an income then that can be a problem as jobs are harder to come by there.

Idaho is not bad either.

I would not settle in the city of Spokane myself, but then I don't like any city.

what the Spokane area does offer as slimmer13 noted is the ability to live in a country type environment and still be close enough to a major city that its not inconvenient to travel to when you need something. its not as expensive as the west side, the people are nicer for the most part but jobs are the one issue as has been said before. before you dismiss it come and check the area out.
i enjoy the area because in 25 minutes i can be anywhere i need to be even the gunshop on pine. then when i am done and head home i am nestled back on my 17 acres out in the woods. got the city when i want it, decent selection of gunshops, the outdoors just about anywhere you turn your head. whats not too like?

You can perhaps get more detailed opinions if you sign up with SpokaneGunTrader and ask.
What do you do for a living? Do you like snow?
If you're retired you may prefer Lewiston Id because of low cost, nice ice-free rivers, and it's very, very gun friendly and virtually snow-free.

You can perhaps get more detailed opinions if you sign up with SpokaneGunTrader and ask.
What do you do for a living? Do you like snow?
If you're retired you may prefer Lewiston Id because of low cost, nice ice-free rivers, and it's very, very gun friendly and virtually snow-free.

CCI-Speer makes Lewiston a decent place to live.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top