JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, but who cares because they have some guys who are real good at throwing a ball through a hoop.:rolleyes:
Is Gonzaga full of bleeding hearts? I mistakenly thought this sort of leftist bias was not as prevalent there. Huh.

Gonzaga University declined the College Republicans' request to make a proposal to bring Ben Shapiro to campus due to two factors: (a) concerns relating to the safety and security of providing the same, and (b) concerns regarding the potential for inappropriate behavior surrounding the event that might violate our institution's standards for conduct.

We are committed to the safety and security of our campus community, including visitors. Given Mr. Shapiro's popularity, in evaluating what has occurred on other campuses, the University felt it would not be able to provide a suitable venue, as well as the concomitant level of security, necessary to appropriately host him. The students who made the request were encouraged to find a local venue that was better equipped to manage the event, and to ensure the safety and security of the guests.

Mr. Shapiro's appearances have drawn protests that include inappropriate behavior, as well as divisive and hateful speech, which is offensive to many people regardless of their age, politics or beliefs. As a private, faith-based, mission-driven institution committed to the human dignity of every individual, we stand in solidarity with vulnerable members of our community who may be targeted for discrimination, ridicule, or harassment by others.

Stifling conservative speech is becoming a neo-american post-american pastime.

Always felt that way while "in town"... when visiting from Deer Park, and I'm from Portland!

It did seem a lot worse than it was as a kid.
Seems that homeless and yuppies are all that's left in Portland tho.
Ah yes,and never forget the hipsters and the multitudes of displaced Californians!!

As far as the OK corral post, ah yeah, on the week-end for sure, it sounds like the OK corral is alive and well, but sometimes during the week, there's the fairly often heard reports of rifle and pistol fire as folks around here practice a lot.

I do too - in my back yard.

Yeah, I have a big, back yard.

No one complains, in fact, sometimes my neighbors join me in practicing. Both pistol, rifle and on rare occasion, shotgun.

I don't live in Spokane proper. The Missus and I live on a few acres in the woods between Spokane and Idaho. I shoot on my property as well. No need to pay range fees. Everyone out here is armed and, judging from the noise, well practiced.

Gonzaga University declined the College Republicans' request to make a proposal to bring Ben Shapiro to campus due to two factors: (a) concerns relating to the safety and security of providing the same, and (b) concerns regarding the potential for inappropriate behavior surrounding the event that might violate our institution's standards for conduct.

They won't come right out and say "We don't agree with that speaker so he's not coming to our campus" so they make excuses based on "security".

They make it seem like they are afraid for the safety of students, but what they are really afraid of is ideas.

They won't come right out and say "We don't agree with that speaker so he's not coming to our campus" so they make excuses based on "security".

They make it seem like they are afraid for the safety of students, but what they are really afraid of is ideas.

They said that "inappropriate behavior" had been a problem at Ben Shapiro events. Gee, blaming the victim for the violence isn't it? Same as saying if she hadn't worn that low cut blouse she wouldn't have gotten groped. :rolleyes:

It saddens me to read this thread. I visited Spokane in 2013 for my nephew's wedding and thought it was a wonderful town. Sister in law rented a house in an older neighborhood and it was great seeing the kids running around playing on the lawns of their and their neighbor's houses. The park we all had a picnic in the day after the wedding was clean and bum-free. In so many ways Spokane reminded me of America when I was a kid 50+ years ago. It felt...safe.

It saddens me to read this thread. I visited Spokane in 2013 for my nephew's wedding and thought it was a wonderful town. Sister in law rented a house in an older neighborhood and it was great seeing the kids running around playing on the lawns of their and their neighbor's houses. The park we all had a picnic in the day after the wedding was clean and bum-free. In so many ways Spokane reminded me of America when I was a kid 50+ years ago. It felt...safe.
You obviously did not visit people's park, or drive down market or sprague.
Don't worry, it's much safer in general than the Portland metro area, I speak from experience of both places. :)

"Personally, if I were king, I'd establish a transportation fund, and offer free bus tickets to Seattle and Portland to any homeless trash found lying about."
Make that Santa Monica, and give them a slip of paper with Malibu Babs's address.

Jesuits sent abusive priests to retire on Gonzaga's campus

SinsOfTheFathers.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews