JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I laughed (a sad, despairing laugh) when last night on the local news they said "the homeless will protest in front of City Hall until the city provides enough beds for every homeless person", and the spokesman for the city was all contrite saying "We're working on it!"

When you make it easy to be homeless, you get more homeless. Doesn't anyone in government have the stones to say "get yer own bed, ya lazy piece of trash, or get out of town."?

I get there should be a safety net for the extreme cases, but something is off-kilter when the homeless can make demands and there isn't anyone willing to explain reality to them.

I lived in Spokane in 83. Over in Brown's Addition. Being on the west side of town I saw all kinds of transients along the railroad tracks. When KOMO 4 news interviews a homeless person in down town Seattle only to find out he is from Ft. Lauderdale Florida. If you were homeless in a warm climate. Why are you up here in the Northwest? Oh that't right. Jenny Derkan has told the police not to arrest anybody that is carrying a gram or less of anything. Then just last night, she tells the news that they plan on wiping out a couple of thousand m isdomeanor warrants and let those people walk. What the hell is wrong with today's governments in this country?

I've said this before but I'll repeat it. I wouldn't know actual percentages but almost the entirety is split between unemployable addicts and straight up crazy people who can't otherwise function in society. A true down-on-your-luck homeless person is extremely rare. I think any one of us who faced a catastrophic life event, like losing your job on the same day your house burned down and scammers emptied your savings, could call half a dozen different friends or family members for help. Unless you're a totally useless A-hole who has burned every remaining bridge, you can probably solicit a few meals and a couch for a few days until you get another job -- any job -- and secure a more permanent housing arrangement. Why? Because we aren't lazy useless trash and we want to better our situation rather than be a burden and expect others to provide everything. That's the same kind of humble pride that pushed our ancestors to do better and be better. Not sure what happened to that basic principle.

That said, I have little to no compassion for most "homeless" people. Drunks and junkies should get their sh!t together. We also need to revamp the mental health system. Quit playing word games and call this trash what it is.

Personally, id cc in California if I ever went to that sh*t hole. I CC where I want. Other then county, federals, city areas like police etc I wont. As is said so many times on here, rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.
Personal safety is a right, no matter what signs, policy and laws they make.

University campuses are not gun free zones according to RCW, the universities can ask you to leave, but it's not a crime unlike at K-12 public schools.
I stand corrected.

As far as I know it is up to the DA to set charges if arrested. I am aware that many otherwise law abiding people in LA chose to CC. I am aware of a guy who sold his house in the hood for $1M to move to a better hood for retirement. I'm told he carries pretty much everyday but he doesn't look like a dirt bag.

Only time I have been to Spokane is when I used to travel through going hunting. Its so sad to see small country towns going to sh!t. :(

Population of Spokane in 2017 was above 200,000. But you're right... population of La Grande is 15,000 and we have homeless.

Yes Seattle is much larger than Spokane. But Spokane is the largest city between Seattle and Miniapolis Minesota. Plus it is just not what you call small cities. It is the large cities also. Everett, Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, Portland even Salem and Grants Pass. Freaking homeless everywhere. Even where I live in Puyallup. We have homeless here also. They seem to be in there 20's.

During summer, we see those Rasta types hitchhiking thru. Just kids really.

WARNING.

If you built it, more will come.

Aloha, Mark

La Grande homeless used to leave in the winter because of extreme cold. Now our brilliant progressive city fathers got a property tax passed to build "warming stations". Saw an article in the paper yesterday... they are sooooo proud of themselves!

Yup, now the homeless can stay all year. Beauty!

Then just last night, she tells the news that they plan on wiping out a couple of thousand m isdomeanor warrants and let those people walk. What the hell is wrong with today's governments in this country?

Stepdaughter works for Idaho Parole Board... they are opening the doors for all offenders to leave prison... re-offending within days including murder!

Yesterday, as a preamble to mowing, I started picking up limb litter that will dull my blades if I don't..., I've got lots of tree that have shed their leaves and limb bits, I shoulder holster carried a full size Smith & Wesson 9mm, with one in the pipe with a spare 16 round loaded magazine.

My neighbor had a pest control guy show up to do some spraying - Initially, he stared at me kinda slack jawed then hurriedly waved a friendly greeting. I wave back just as friendly.

In Texas, it's perfectly legal to carry on your own property even if not licensed, though I am.

Why do I carry in my own yard?

Because of a variety of seriously bad things that happen (I know of instances of people being being robbed in their yards and driveways) even out in the country and I'm not gonna be caught unarmed.

Fortunately, all my neighbors know and trust me as they too are gun folk.

Last Edited:
Yesterday, as a preamble to mowing, I started picking up limb litter that will dull my blades if I don't..., I've got lots of tree that have shed their leaves and limb bits, I shoulder holster carried a full size Smith & Wesson 9mm, with one in the pipe with a 16 round loaded magazine.

My neighbor had a pest control guy show up to do some spraying - Initially, he stared at me kinda slack jawed then hurriedly waved a friendly greeting. I wave back just as friendly.

In Texas, it's perfectly legal to carry on your own property even if not licensed, though I am.

Why do I carry in my own yard?

Because of a variety of seriously bad things that happen (I know of instances of people being being robbed in their yards and driveways) even out in the country and I'm not gonna be caught unarmed.

Fortunately, all my neighbors know and trust me as they too are gun folk.

If I knew where bad things were gonna happen and when, I wouldn't bother carrying until there and then, but I don't, so I do.

Sigmadog,

Well said.

As far as the OK corral post, ah yeah, on the week-end for sure, it sounds like the OK corral is alive and well, but sometimes during the week, there's the fairly often heard reports of rifle and pistol fire as folks around here practice a lot.

I do too - in my back yard.

Yeah, I have a big, back yard.

No one complains, in fact, sometimes my neighbors join me in practicing. Both pistol, rifle and on rare occasion, shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top