JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built target stands out of PVC pipe which has worked extremely well, best of all the parts are cheap, easy and quick to assemble.

BUT I am having a hard time finding backing for the targets. I had a bunch of large card board boxes I cut into sheets, but those are running out.

Anyone know of place to get large sheets of cardboard or the plastic sheets ranges use for target backing? I have checked some places, but they're either too expensive for small quantities or require a huge order to make it economical.

Check with retail stores for cardboard that they want to get rid of...personally I just wait for my better half to get her next Amazon delivery to offset my firearms purchases :eek: for cardboard.

My initial thought would be Costco or someplace like that. A lot of the cardboard sheets from their pallets they would just throw into the bailer. Talk to a manager and see if they would let you take some with you. Lacking a Costco, I would suggest any of the big box retailers. Probably be happy to get rid of the stuff.

However if you are looking for pristine cardboard (why if you are just going to shoot it) then I have no idea.

Check with companies like Old Trapper in Forest Grove. They use plastic containers which come stacked with cardboard between layers. These are the perfect size for targets They should also have boxes that the lids come in as well. There should be several companies in the area that use plastic or glass containers that have cardboard separators.

I have access to some.
But yes, try and ask the warehouse manager at a Costco or Winco if you could snag or buy some.

Working at a warehouse I have an unlimited supply. :)

Open your Yellow Pages to the heading "Paper Distributors" and give a couple a call.

Here in Salem its Rose Paper Products. You can buy cardboard flats from them in a bunch of sizes. I collect Model Airplane Magazines (I have like 4800 of them) and I bought a stack of cardboard flats from Rose Paper Products to cut and fold up magazine trays to store each year.

Other then that an appliance store like Standard TV. The smaller the better as they are more likely to rotate floor models.

Open your Yellow Pages to the heading "Paper Distributors" and give a couple a call.

Here in Salem its Rose Paper Products. You can buy cardboard flats from them in a bunch of sizes. I collect Model Airplane Magazines (I have like 4800 of them) and I bought a stack of cardboard flats from Rose Paper Products to cut and fold up magazine trays to store each year.

Other then that an appliance store like Standard TV. The smaller the better as they are more likely to rotate floor models.

Sign companies usually carry a product called "Coroplast". It is essentially a plastic cardboard. Not too expensive and lasts many years exposed to the elements. It makes a perfect backboard for target shooting.

You can get it in large sheets or sheets cut to your specs...........also comes in a variety of colors.

I was able to get in touch with a local box manufacturer and they ended up giving me a bunch of their scraps. I have enough to last me several target stands.

Making PVC target stands has made shooting out doors that much more enjoyable.

I go to home depot and for $8 I have them cut a OSB board into 4 pieces.
Seems to last about a year (1 of the 4 pieces)
Take 4 pieces of 1X1 and make a sandwich board. Targets staple on really easy .Takes rain better too.

Sign companies usually carry a product called "Coroplast". It is essentially a plastic cardboard. Not too expensive and lasts many years exposed to the elements. It makes a perfect backboard for target shooting.

You can get it in large sheets or sheets cut to your specs...........also comes in a variety of colors.
Were I work, that is known as "Coreply". We get it in 4' by 8' sheets. Matches your description exactly and it is very useful around the house as well.

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

We used to sell a "Kitty Kondo" and had special boxes made for shipping. Cost was over $2 each. Have about 50 of them left, considering donating them to "the pit". They can get several backings out of each of the two large sides of the box. We had the boxes made at a box manufacturer in SW Portland. Don't remember the name now as it was about 10 years ago.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!" Wh

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top