JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My father-in-law was recently here and he mentioned he could not locate .32 Long Colt ammunition for an older revolver he owns. I believe he said a Colt Pocket Positive.

Would anyone know of a source of loaded cartridges? I'm not turning up much.

Also, I've read contradictory information as to if .32 S&W Long can be safely used in revolvers chambered for the Colt cartridge. Does anyone know the correct answer on this?

Thanks much.

My father-in-law was recently here and he mentioned he could not locate .32 Long Colt ammunition for an older revolver he owns. I believe he said a Colt Pocket Positive.

Would anyone know of a source of loaded cartridges? I'm not turning up much.

Also, I've read contradictory information as to if .32 S&W Long can be safely used in revolvers chambered for the Colt cartridge. Does anyone know the correct answer on this?

Thanks much.

The .32 S&W Long/.32 Colt New Police | American Handgunner

These guys say both cartridges are basically the same, in fact S&W started making this ammo for the Colt originally
Midway has plenty of 32 long ammo

I did a bit more digging, and The Big Book of Gun Trivia, put out by Osprey, has a table show cartridge interchangeability of the too. Just passing it along in case it helps someone down the road. Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews