JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only been to the range south of Nampa -- maybe 5-6 times. It's usually very well taken care of and only 1 or 2 shooters or small groups per bay. I once made the mistake of going at about 10am on a sunny Saturday morning and it was shoulder to shoulder. Probably 100 shooters. Too crowded for my comfort. Last time I was there was Monday after Thanksgiving. I literally had the entire place to myself. However, it was an absolute mess. Lots of homemade targets left behind as well as tons of pumpkins. There were a couple of the plastic garbage cans down range and shot up and because it's usually windy up there there was trash all over. It really pissed me off to see it like that because I know that's how we lose the use of nice areas like that. On the way out I noticed that the big sign had several holes in it from the range out to the road. From what I saw on that trip I can assure you that Oregon and Washington don't have a monopoly on inconsiderate a$$holes.

Well, it kind of goes without saying that in Canyon County things get..er..trashier. There is a nice range just north of Boise off of Blacks Creek Road. Also, there are tons of places to go shoot past the airport out by the prison complex, although sometimes the unestablished areas can be trashed too.

Hippy tree huggers around here know their place
It ain't at the rifle range or within about a mile:cool:

Huh, I know a few of "hippy" types that live in Salmon, the Pahsimeroi Valley (not so many in Challis) and loads of em in Stanley. Granted, they are not your typical "hippies", but rather gun-shooting, hunting, fishing, liberals. Maybe the hippies stop at the Lemhi/Custer County border?

Huh, I know a few of "hippy" types that live in Salmon, the Pahsimeroi Valley (not so many in Challis) and loads of em in Stanley. Granted, they are not your typical "hippies", but rather gun-shooting, hunting, fishing, liberals. Maybe the hippies stop at the Lemhi/Custer County border?
Oh they're here but they don't go to the gun range and make noise,as per the post I was commenting about.
I have seen the 'hippies' you are speaking of. The girl carries a huge knife and the guy carries the gun. Apparently they're not to be taken as docile if f@cked with.
Hippies in this area seem to be here to be left alone and they seem to do a good job of that themselves;)

Yeah, mountain hippies and city hippies are a different breed. I'd like to see a city hippy shoveling 3 feet of snow off of roofs in negative temperatures like some of my friends in Stanley and Smiley Creek were doing this winter. I don't think they would last very long.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top