JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0394.JPG IMG_0395.JPG IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.JPG Finally got to take a few things out to the local gravel pit where the locals shoot.

It looks nothing like the spots I frequented in Washington.

Take a gander at the pics and tell me what's missing

trash! I grew up in Idaho and many pits and quarries look just like this.

Of course some are littered with keystone light empties and skoal cans, but on the whole Idahoans are people that respect their public lands.

THIS is exactly how our range(s) should look. I envy you. It's all about respect which the people here obviously have none of. This makes me happy and angry all in one.

I used to shoot at a very similar looking spot about 30 minutes South of Boise. No trash, very little brass even. Whatever I carried in I carried out. Nice share @IronMonster

I was thinking 100 people are missing.
We have a nice range here with 20 concrete tables. The dumbies do leave boxes and crap but no appliances.
But in the 2 years I've been here,I have seen maybe a total of 100 people at the range. Most of those the day before hunting season when my neighbor came to town.
We don't have couches and other garbage on the FS roads though. And there are plenty of places to drop shnit. The dump is free though.
Anyway,nice range you have there IM.;)

Hey Monster and Skwim, pipe down about the awesome. I'm planning to be the last one under the fence. Once I get there I'm telling any outsiders who ask that Idaho sucks.

I can't believe you mixed your AK variants out of order amongst your AR variants on the table like that! :eek:

:D

It's the bed of my truck and it depended which door they came out of the cab.

We shot from behind the truck which looking at the picture still seems like poor range educate since half the time the rifles on the other side would be pointed at you as you walked back to grab one, However there were only two of us, only one shot at a time and only clear weapons with magazines removed were allowed on the truck. In hindsight though in the future we need a different arrangement so all the muzzles can be pointed down range.

I've only been to the range south of Nampa -- maybe 5-6 times. It's usually very well taken care of and only 1 or 2 shooters or small groups per bay. I once made the mistake of going at about 10am on a sunny Saturday morning and it was shoulder to shoulder. Probably 100 shooters. Too crowded for my comfort. Last time I was there was Monday after Thanksgiving. I literally had the entire place to myself. However, it was an absolute mess. Lots of homemade targets left behind as well as tons of pumpkins. There were a couple of the plastic garbage cans down range and shot up and because it's usually windy up there there was trash all over. It really pissed me off to see it like that because I know that's how we lose the use of nice areas like that. On the way out I noticed that the big sign had several holes in it from the range out to the road. From what I saw on that trip I can assure you that Oregon and Washington don't have a monopoly on inconsiderate a$$holes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top