JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A framing nailer. In my opinion. I just finished up the framing and roof sheathing on a barrel house that I've been building. The nailer is now put away. But I use the same precautions handling the nailer as I do with firearms. Such as never leave it in a position pointing at any part of me. Definitely keeping my finger away from the trigger until the moment that I want to fire a nail. Wear safety goggles, even over your eyeglasses (if worn).

I've had this Bostitch N79RH for about 20 or more years. I've used it on quite a few projects. Sometimes it sits for years between uses. One time, I got it out to use it and the trigger air valve had gone bad. It was then that I found out framing nailers get obsolete just like anything else. I was able to get repair parts and fix it myself, but the parts did not come from Bostitch.

A chainsaw.
Yeah, that's another one. Probably high on the CDC list of common homeowner-involved injuries. One time I was told that table saws rate real high on that CDC list.

In my post, I was focusing on the framing nailer because it is unmistakably gun-like.

If you don't hang onto the nailer properly, you can get an interesting double tap, just like an improperly held .45 automatic.

Yeah, that's another one. Probably high on the CDC list of common homeowner-involved injuries. One time I was told that table saws rate real high on that CDC list.

In my post, I was focusing on the framing nailer because it is unmistakably gun-like.

If you don't hang onto the nailer properly, you can get an interesting double tap, just like an improperly held .45 automatic.
Your example is probably one of the very best. Certainly better than any of mine.

Your example is probably one of the very best. Certainly better than any of mine.
I'm probably mixing apples with oranges re. accident reporting. Table saws and lawnmowers are probably very high on the CDC list of homeowner-type accidents. Framing nailers probably come under a different list for industrial accidents, as not all that many homeowners use a nailer.

I once read or saw on TV an article about a carpenter who complained of frequent headache. This condition went on for some time, finally he went to his doctor about it. A X-ray of his head was done, and they discovered a nail in his brain. Apparently, he'd fired one from a nailer into his own head, somehow. Without his realizing it at the time of entry. They removed it from his brain through his nose, as that appeared to be the path of entry.

Stupidity. It's more dangerous than a firearm imo. It allows masses of people to be manipulated into doing incredibly dangerous things. Whether 1930s-40's German citizens or current "woke" idiots that want to take away out freedoms, Stupidity and the hive mind are the most dangerous today because people turn off their independent thinking and go along with what social media and politicians tell them.

Clearly large capacity ladders.
1689876179956.png

https://www.ishn.com/articles/10683...annually-97-percent-occur-at-home-or-on-farms

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top