JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's still kind of funny this ammo is what everyone wants, who woulda thought. I guess it's good I have 1000's of rounds I got years ago for dirt cheap or free.

Not many people have given me free ammo in my life. As well as not feeling the need to buy thousands of each caliber since I have switched calibers I use too often to hoard anything but 9 and 40. I have had family members pass down guns but they sure never came with a bunch of ammo. Just the pistols or rifles. Most of us never saw a need until recently to hoard when you could walk into bi mart any day you planned on shooting and walk out with whatever ammo you came in wanting.....as in 2 years ago. Until now I would have never wanted thousands of rounds laying around. I wanted new ammo so I did not have to worry about it getting wet, corroded over time.

Personally, I think all of us should start keeping track of who the scalpers are. If you have time, create a data base listing each of them, then, whenever they sell anything, refuse to buy it, even if it is a decent price, speak with your wallet. I had a rather large stash of 22LR when all the hysteria hit. I've given several bricks to my nephews for Birthdays and Christmas, I sold a couple thousand rounds to a guy in Sutherlin for just a little more than I paid for it, to cover my gas cost, and I traded a 525 box of Federal to Grandpagus1 from NWF for 100 rounds of 22 magnum.
I don't want to scalp, I just want what I consider fair trades and I want to keep kids shooting their 22s.

It's still kind of funny this ammo is what everyone wants, who woulda thought. I guess it's good I have 1000's of rounds I got years ago for dirt cheap or free.
yeah it is , when I was 12 we would walk into the only gas station in town, rifles in hand and get enough 22's to waist half the day for the price of the beer cans we would find walking to the gas station lol

Personally, I think all of us should start keeping track of who the scalpers are. If you have time, create a data base listing each of them, then, whenever they sell anything, refuse to buy it, even if it is a decent price, speak with your wallet. I had a rather large stash of 22LR when all the hysteria hit. I've given several bricks to my nephews for Birthdays and Christmas, I sold a couple thousand rounds to a guy in Sutherlin for just a little more than I paid for it, to cover my gas cost, and I traded a 525 box of Federal to Grandpagus1 from NWF for 100 rounds of 22 magnum.
I don't want to scalp, I just want what I consider fair trades and I want to keep kids shooting their 22s.

Scalpers as you folks call them thrive only because everyone keeps buying everything in sight.
It WILL NOT END as long as that continues. No nice way to state it.
The biggest hoarders are most times the biggest complainers.

Yep. And threads like this fuel them. Seems there's a new one each month.

Everyone of them about created shortages of rimfire will just prolong it all. I could care less, as I got enough years ago, but aggravating to see people complain non stop because they cant get enough. Then (laughable) when they find a little they buy it all or tell the world where it is, so it gets snatched from the shelf so they can repeat the cycle. It makes it a permanent self perpetuated cycle. Like a long boring movie.:D

To be honest oli700, in 83 I was on my 3rd kid and wore a much younger mans britches. I may be an old fart, but I still drive the 20 and 30 somethings crazy trying to keep up with "the old mountain goat" as they like to call me when were out hunting. Lets just say that I can remember buying snickers bars for a nickel. And not much more for a 50 round box of .22's.

To be honest oli700, in 83 I was on my 3rd kid and wore a much younger mans britches. I may be an old fart, but I still drive the 20 and 30 somethings crazy trying to keep up with "the old mountain goat" as they like to call me when were out hunting. Lets just say that I can remember buying snickers bars for a nickel. And not much more for a 50 round box of .22's.

Remember the Milkshake bars for 3 cents and they were twice as big as anything else.
83 is young. (kidding. You must be near my age in the mid 60's)
A guy that age did the Iron Man in Canada with my son and kept pace with everyone and didn't even get winded.
That is one damned tough race non stop for 15 to 17 hrs.

"The old mountain goat?" You sure you didn't add the "mountain" part?

I am not talking about a recent date. ;)

A few minutes ago I got a notice that Midway USA had 5,000 rounds of CCI 40 gr. in stock. I was standing right here at the keyboard so flipped over there, saw "in stock" hit "add to cart", then got the LOGIN screen, did the password and user name and...

"THIS ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK AND HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR CART."

It was great for about 45 seconds. I assume they had more than one box to sell- it didn't even take a minute to sell out.

I am not talking about a recent date. ;)

A few minutes ago I got a notice that Midway USA had 5,000 rounds of CCI 40 gr. in stock. I was standing right here at the keyboard so flipped over there, saw "in stock" hit "add to cart", then got the LOGIN screen, did the password and user name and...

"THIS ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK AND HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR CART."

It was great for about 45 seconds. I assume they had more than one box to sell- it didn't even take a minute to sell out.
no way to compete with people who have smart phones, I learned that finishing an AR in March.....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top