JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My LGS receives regular shipments of .22lr. He charges $7.50 for a box of Mini-Mags. I respect dealers that don't take advantage of a situation.

I will remember the jerks (stores) out there profiteering on this ammo shortage and guarantee will never buy from them again.

I look at a gunshow differently. If someone wants to camp out at a store at all hours to buy ammo and then finds a seller dumb enough to buy it, then the best to both of them. A regular business is different. Unless they are paying higher prices to their distributors, 2000% profit i.e., is not justified if they want my business.

Cheaper Than Dirt was once selling Magpul P'Mags for $100.00 a piece. Never again.

The worst as far as I am concerned is Troy Industries. At the height of the magazine shortage, Troy Industries was selling 3 magazines for $75 + $8 for shipping directly from their company website.

THE MANUFACTURER! I would never consider buying Troy anything. Absolutely no excuse.
Magpul never changed the wholesale prices.

Part of the problem may be caused by people like me. I am brand new to firearms, bought a .40 two months ago (my first gun ever) and last month got a 10/22. I had no idea there was a 22lr shortage when I bought the gun and have been running all around town collecting ammo as soon as it pops up on ammo-can.net or from bi-mart, sportsmans warehouse or at Keith's. I haven't bought any at crazy prices, but Keith's does kind of overcharge at $32. But in the past month I have accumulated about 2500 rounds and shot another 500. Basically, what I'm saying is new shooters like me come into a shortage situation and stock up more than I might have otherwise if there were no shortage at all.

On a good note I'm starting to feel like I have a nice little stash that should last me a bit if this drought continues. However, I'm already looking into getting either a ruger mark III or a Browning Buck Mark, cause I've been having such fun shooting and no matter how hard 22lr's are to find, they are much cheaper than my .40 Ammo. I shot a friends Mark II and it was just damn fun, that thing is so accurate.

Being new you did well loading up on a decent stock of .22 that many experienced buyers cannot seem to do. Nothing wrong with that so long as you do not start buying to then sell them for 75 a box. For personal use I do not have an issue with someone buying ammo. Its when they say its for them and then go rip people off with it. Sounds like you just want to get into shooting which most of us here welcome new shooters as the more the merrier these days especially. Enjoy your new guns and at this point 40 was a good choice since ammo is on the shelves. I prefer it myself anyhow. Plus with a new 10/22 there is nothing a new shooter wants to do more than have a lot of fun with that rifle. Enjoy and welcome to the joy of firearm ownership and shooting.

If you were buying a gun now it would be smart to buy one either you have ammo for or you can buy it with ease. I would not buy a 22 now if I didn't already have the ammo for it . I do not see any competition for 300 wsm or 338 win mag or the good ole 12ga those have never been panic priced. I say why don't we all boycott overpriced ammo and those scalpers will be forced to find another hobby!!

If you were buying a gun now it would be smart to buy one either you have ammo for or you can buy it with ease. I would not buy a 22 now if I didn't already have the ammo for it . I do not see any competition for 300 wsm or 338 win mag or the good ole 12ga those have never been panic priced. I say why don't we all boycott overpriced ammo and those scalpers will be forced to find another hobby!!

I agree and I will buy Bi Mart .22 when it happens to be there when I go in at under 20 a brick but other than that I will not pay for overpriced ammo. 40 is on the shelves and I have been sticking to that a lot lately. .380, 9, I shoot enough to feel confident if I carry mine but about a tenth what I shot before as I have to save my ammo. Lately shotguns have been a lot of our shooting time because as you said it is still what it has always been to buy 12 guage. Buying anything in .22, .380, even 9 and 38 special with so many new shooters is kinda hard for me to do right now since those are the rounds most folks are starting their shooting life with. If more people understood that a little gun does not mean less recoil things might be better that way. A M&P bodyguard in 38 or .380 kicks harder than any of my .357s or 40s. LCPs are no fun to shoot but flying off shelves. Too bad most stores do not care to educate they just care to sell whatever they can.

Walmart in Cornelius has Winchester 333-ct bulk in stock. Supposed to have 10 on hand from a stock check last night, but shelves were still empty of .22 this morning. Clerk brought up 3 from the back, but I just needed the one. This was my first time in the early AM; nobody else was around buying ammo at all. My experience shows they will almost definitely be out by 9AM. This was their second shipment of this item in 4 days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top