JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, there are no new models of the SUV we want to buy on the lots right now and big city dealers are asking $4000 over MSRP so **** 'em.

Apparently there is a possibility that my wife will get furrowed furloughed until August, so we would use the $2900 to pay her part of employer provided health insurance for about two of those months.

There, fixed that for you. You might want to look up the word "furrow". You might want to furrow your wife until August or longer, but I don't think that is what you meant to say. :s0140:

If I see any of that money I'm buying TP and wipes so when this happens again I'll be better prepared...... On a more serious note going to donate some of it to a local food bank. I know a few in my area that could really use the money for buying power to replenish the shelves.

I have mixed feelings over this. I am still employed and working from home. Why should I receive anything when I am still receiving a paycheck and not out anything? However, the wife is a realtor and is shut down so we will take it and use it to help pay the bills.
Even drug dealers, the homeless and welfare recipients will receive the payment when they have not lost a dime because of COVID-19.
I would rather see the recipients limited to those who actually lost their job or suffered a financial loss and increase their payments.

I would rather see the recipients limited to those who actually lost their job or suffered a financial loss and increase their payments.
Thats a large part of what the expanded and "streamlined" Unemployment insurance package is for in the current bill. The $1200-2400 +500 per child is termed a tax credit and is tax-free as far as I could see of the bill.

The idea is basically inject a shot into the economy through spending :rolleyes::s0136::rolleyes:

Again, its a system built on infinite growth and spending on debt/credit :s0054:

I have mixed feelings over this. I am still employed and working from home. Why should I receive anything when I am still receiving a paycheck and not out anything? However, the wife is a realtor and is shut down so we will take it and use it to help pay the bills.
Even drug dealers, the homeless and welfare recipients will receive the payment when they have not lost a dime because of COVID-19.

1) Last I looked, I don't think you get anything unless you filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019. So I doubt the homeless will get anything. Most drug dealers don't report their income. And some welfare recipients don't have taxable income - only those that work.

2) Those of us who are now unemployed, get expanded and extended UI benefits. This is what will really help people hurt by COVID and help flatten the curve on the coming recession, maybe shorten it.

3) I think small businesses will get low interest loans?

1) Last I looked, I don't think you get anything unless you filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019. So I doubt the homeless will get anything. Most drug dealers don't report their income. And some welfare recipients don't have taxable income - only those that work.

That would be great. I thought 'everyone' was getting a check, not just taxpayers. I hope that you are correct.

That would be great. I thought 'everyone' was getting a check, not just taxpayers. I hope that you are correct.

Last I read you had to have filed a tax return for 2018/2019. If you included your bank routing/account number they will direct deposit it. I have not read the law text - it is 800+ pages, so I am relying on news reports, but I have not heard anything different. The way I understand it is that this is being treated as a tax rebate. There are upper and lower limits on income - e.g., roughly if you make more than $100K AGI the rebate is decreased gradually. If you made so little you paid no tax, you get nothing?

They may have changed some of that at the last minute - but that is the gist of it.

Last I read you had to have filed a tax return for 2018/2019. If you included your bank routing/account number they will direct deposit it. I have not read the law text - it is 800+ pages, so I am relying on news reports, but I have not heard anything different. The way I understand it is that this is being treated as a tax rebate. There are upper and lower limits on income - e.g., roughly if you make more than $100K AGI the rebate is decreased gradually. If you made so little you paid no tax, you get nothing?

They may have changed some of that at the last minute - but that is the gist of it.
Also seems people on SSDI and SSI are included :rolleyes: As I see some mentions in the bill about SSA109 info being used

Probably only if you paid tax on SSI - if half of your SSI takes you over $34K AGI then you will have to pay tax on some % of your SSI. I don't think anybody can get more than about $38K in SSI alone.
I'm not so sure on the tax requirement. Seems there is a provision for those on SSI/SSDI to get it. Although the IRS in the past have recommended people on SSI to file tax returns to get the 2008 stimulus checks..
Again, it might be that the SSA109 paperwork, the "SSI/SSDI tax information" documentation would qualify as a tax return document for the purposes of the IRS, due to it documenting incomes and taxes paid if any.

Edit
This is rather important, because my wife is on SSDI while I filed tax returns for 2018 and 2019; she has not filed any taxes but have gotten SSA109 documentation. I get SSI but have part time on call employment, and was employed during part of 2018 as well.

I'm not so sure on the tax requirement. Seems there is a provision for those on SSI/SSDI to get it. Although the IRS in the past have recommended people on SSI to file tax returns to get the 2008 stimulus checks..
Again, it might be that the SSA109 paperwork, the "SSI/SSDI tax information" documentation would qualify as a tax return document for the purposes of the IRS, due to it documenting incomes and taxes paid if any.

Edit
This is rather important, because my wife is on SSDI while I filed tax returns for 2018 and 2019; she has not filed any taxes but have gotten SSA109 documentation. I get SSI but have part time on call employment, and was employed during part of 2018 as well.
I don't know - like I said I went by news reports that didn't cover this aspect and I am not going to read thru 800+ pages of the law to find out.:s0092:

Who is eligible?

The bill makes clear that everyone is eligible except for nonresident aliens and those who can be used as the basis for deductions for another person.

"Seniors, veterans, the unemployed and low-income Americans would be eligible too," Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said Wednesday.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews