JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Materials used.

Honestly, after the last 10 years or so I'm not entirely sure they are still relevant other than brand loyalist. They haven't updated their feature set to adapt to the hundreds of versions of it since.

Last Edited:
I have tried to like the Aimpoints and I do not. But that is also true of any "tube" red dot for me. I have also tried the EoTechs and I understand why people like them I personally don't.

Another one to consider is the C-More sight. I have one on my 9mm AR and love it. They are also used a lot in sub gun and pistol competitions. For me is relatively compact, easy to see and use.

Interesting. This is for a F/A .223 Lage upper. I have a deltapoint pro on a riser I can use for the time being. I guess I am just looking for a good optic for a F/A. I think magnification could be a liability with bursts of fire.

Have tried to like Aimpoints but my astigmatism just sees a starburst on most of their optics. The only exception is the new Acro which I really like and for some reason does not show up as a starburst but an actual dot. Nothing wrong with Aimpoint but they don't work for me except the Acro which I have a couple of and will likely add some more in the future.

Interesting. This is for a F/A .223 Lage upper. I have a deltapoint pro on a riser I can use for the time being. I guess I am just looking for a good optic for a F/A. I think magnification could be a liability with bursts of fire.
Sounds like you already have a good option mounted.

Sounds like you already have a good option mounted.
It may be so. I am going to need another for when my number comes up on the Lage upper that takes Suomi mags. (Having a drum fed subgun is something I wanted for over 30 years.) The main upper I have for standard mags has built on very nice irons and I think it is good enough for me. And yes, I am going crazy with this as this has been a multi year goal.

It may be so. I am going to need another for when my number comes up on the Lage upper that takes Suomi mags. The main upper I have for standard mags has built on HK style sights and I think it is likely good enough for me. And yes, I am going crazy with this as this has been a multi year goal.
I wouldn't over think it. Just go with the high quality red dot that works best for your eyes, size requirements, mounting prefence. If you stick to the top brands like Aimpoint, Trijicon, Leupold, Eotech, Holosun, etc... you are going to end up with a good optic that meets your requirements.

Have tried to like Aimpoints but my astigmatism just sees a starburst on most of their optics. The only exception is the new Acro which I really like and for some reason does not show up as a starburst but an actual dot. Nothing wrong with Aimpoint but they don't work for me except the Acro which I have a couple of and will likely add some more in the future.
I have an astigmatism in both eyes but for some reason red dots work ok for me.

Oh, and Aimpoint optics are top notch.

It may be so. I am going to need another for when my number comes up on the Lage upper that takes Suomi mags. (Having a drum fed subgun is something I wanted for over 30 years.) The main upper I have for standard mags has built on very nice irons and I think it is good enough for me. And yes, I am going crazy with this as this has been a multi year goal.
Without knowing the end game in mind, IE this is a range gun, or more serious. I'd say you should be good with a whole plethora of options these days. If it's a large view you're after, the Eotech might take the cake. Besides maybe the vortex, which is heavy and the Holosun 510 which is open emitter. The EOtech has the largest clearest opening to view through. Maybe a special mention for the Crimson Trace HRO which is made for "heavy recoil" of that is a concern due to it being full auto. However, most red dots have already been tested on many full autos with little too no problems. Honestly, another leupold wouldn't hurt either.

Without knowing the end game in mind, IE this is a range gun, or more serious. I'd say you should be good with a whole plethora of options these days. If it's a large view you're after, the Eotech might take the cake. Besides maybe the vortex, which is heavy and the Holosun 510 which is open emitter. The EOtech has the largest clearest opening to view through. Maybe a special mention for the Crimson Trace HRO which is made for "heavy recoil" of that is a concern due to it being full auto. However, most red dots have already been tested on many full autos with little too no problems. Honestly, another leupold wouldn't hurt either.
Assume more serious. In Oregon it will be a range toy, but where I am moving it could be more. My sten has very mild recoil, and a heavy open bolt like the lage seems like it should have less due to bolt weight and the fact that the sten needs new springs and the lage wasn't built by bicycle repairmen. No idea what to expect on .223.

As I mentioned earlier, I wholeheartedly recommend Aimpoint optics for your MG. No sense in cheaping out on it. I know brands like Holosun and Sig have gotten popular (cheap prices do that) but they don't have the longevity or a proven track record like Aimpoint. I've seen a few departments adopt the Holosun brand for their pistols. While I don't have anything against Holosun, I don't trust them for anything serious. Too much China involved for my tastes.

Here is a list of pretty much all red dots, reflex and holos:

I am looking at getting one for ye olde machine gun. I was looking at the models and I can't figure out why the aimpoint pro is such a divergent price from say the H2 and T2.
The PRO was conceived and designed as a more affordable alternative to the M4comp and Micro series.

From there website:
The Aimpoint®Patrol Rifle Optic(PRO) launched in 2011, providing a solution for duty rifle reflex optics for law enforcement professionals across the U.S. Designed with input from the law enforcement community, the Aimpoint PRO features specific performance features and price point to meet the challenging conditions faced by modern agencies. The PRO™quickly became standard for law enforcement agencies across the U.S.
Aimpoint History

Because the H2 and T2 are micros, and new. The Aimpoint Pro (my go-to optic) has been around for some 10-15 years and still carries the same price as it has since I got my first one back in 2010
^^^Not quite. As posted above the the PRO came out in 2011, while the Micro series came out in 2007...granted they were upgraded in 2014 as the T-2/H-2, but I've rocking a Micro well before the PRO was introduced.

Bottom line, the Micros have better glass, are smaller and lighter with a longer battery life. The PRO is an excellent optic but the Micro is superior in several ways, the PRO just does it with a much more affordable price tag. You really can't go wrong either way.

Here is a pretty decent comparison...
https://reddotshooters.com/aimpoint-pro-vs-t2/

The PRO was conceived and designed as a more affordable alternative to the M4comp and Micro series.

From there website:
The Aimpoint®Patrol Rifle Optic(PRO) launched in 2011, providing a solution for duty rifle reflex optics for law enforcement professionals across the U.S. Designed with input from the law enforcement community, the Aimpoint PRO features specific performance features and price point to meet the challenging conditions faced by modern agencies. The PRO™quickly became standard for law enforcement agencies across the U.S.
Aimpoint History

^^^Not quite. As posted above the the PRO came out in 2011, while the Micro series came out in 2007...granted they were upgraded in 2014 as the T-2/H-2, but I've rocking a Micro well before the PRO was introduced.

Bottom line, the Micros have better glass, are smaller and lighter with a longer battery life. The PRO is an excellent optic but the Micro is superior in several ways, the PRO just does it with a much more affordable price tag. You really can't go wrong either way.

Here is a pretty decent comparison...
https://reddotshooters.com/aimpoint-pro-vs-t2/
Agreed. The T2 is freaking awesome. I have a PRO on my SBR and would gladly rock a T2 if someone wants to buy it for me. :D

Assume more serious. In Oregon it will be a range toy, but where I am moving it could be more. My sten has very mild recoil, and a heavy open bolt like the lage seems like it should have less due to bolt weight and the fact that the sten needs new springs and the lage wasn't built by bicycle repairmen. No idea what to expect on .223.
With seriousness in mind, what are you thinking? Minute of plate at 100 yards with the 223 or better? Fixed to a mount or are you going to be carrying this over something else as THE gun. If it perimeter security, a large open sight and tracers mixed throughout the load out might be a better choice for sight acquisition than the sight itself. If it's something you plan on lugging around, a good quality QCB red dot should be perfect. Maybe a magnifier too so you can extend the range a bit.

My opinion, a solid rifle mount, tracers every 3-5, and a large fixed sight like this would be my thing. Anyone can get on it and point it towards the threat. 1669757039320.jpeg

It can vary from optic to optic even within the same product line. I have an RMR that, to my eyes, looks like complete sh!t, but taking a photo of it and it looks fine, others with younger eyes say it looks fine to them. And then I have another that is perfect. Anymore, I look through the specific optic I am buying before buying.

Agreed. The T2 is freaking awesome. I have a PRO on my SBR and would gladly rock a T2 if someone wants to buy it for me. :D
Micros have been my standard go-to optic for about a decade, have them on my primary HD AR carbine and on an AK/Utimak setup. I also much prefer taller mounts on ARs for the heads-up capability, so I'm running a the Unity FAST which is a 2.26" high mount, being up that high the smaller footprint and lighter weight make big difference to me.

Micros have been my standard go-to optic for about a decade, have them on my primary HD AR carbine and on an AK/Utimak setup. I also much prefer taller mounts on ARs for the heads-up capability, so I'm running a the Unity FAST which is a 2.26" high mount, being up that high the smaller footprint and lighter weight make big difference to me.
No Holosuns in your rotation?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads