JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never used them before so I'm just wondering since they are readily available, yeah at a slightly elevated price, are they any good?
Pro's, Con's? :s0092:

430E05D3-8A75-4A23-BE16-86973DD1612C.jpeg

I have been buying them at Sportsmans Warehouse for a while now, no issues. Last week for the first time in years, Sportsmans had a large number of primers out on the shelf instead of behind the counter (still a limit of two boxes).
There were multiple brands and I usually prefer CCI or Federal, but bought the Fiocchi due to being 150 in the box and priced lower per primer.

I just had a discussion with my wife about this today after loading 150 9mm rounds using Fiocchi primers.

I picked up about 2,000 of the Fiocchi small pistol primers at the Walla Walla Sportsman's a couple of month's ago. They shoot just fine.

I use a Dillon XL 650 and find that the Fiocchi primers don't quite run as smooth as the comparable CCI primers. I get one or two primers that stick in the primer wheel in every 50 or 60 used - it is like the sizing quality control is a little off. While not a terrible problem, it does slow me down a little and sometimes causes me to have to take apart a bullet that is missing a primer.

At the Sportsman's price I would buy them again. If both Fiocchi and CCI primers were available at the same price, I would opt for the CCI.

Thanks folks, just what I figured. There's MANY on the shelves is why I had to ask. I concur on the Ginex primers I bought 5000 last year for a decent price and have three thousand left and really like them.

Forgot to add - when looking at price, the Fiocchi box has 150 primers in it. Price divided by 150 is in line with Sportsman's CCI price for a box of 100.

The only other weird thing is the rows of 18 rows of 8 primers plus one row of six primers instead of rows of ten primers like in a CCI box.

I have picked up about 4000 of the Fiocchi small pistol primers since they appeared at my local Sportsman's Warehouse for $8.25 for a sleeve of 150 (works out to $5.50 per 100) and have loaded at least 500 rounds of 9mm and .357 Magnum. They work just fine and I will continue to grab the two sleeve maximum as long as they are available at that price (or cheaper?).

I finally had some time to check out and experiment with these primers. I primed 300 PMC 9 mm cases on the APS. Only had one failure to seat and that was my fault prematurely yankin on the lever, the rest seated perfectly. :p
I had plans to load a few before dinner but I just looked in my component locker and all I have are Montana gold 124g JHP's. :eek::eek::eek:
I did a ladder test, once I get some time I will see how they work.

FDC2C842-208B-49C3-A272-D9FB72E6AD0A.jpeg 698911A8-4A1C-427A-825D-2C947E6A635F.jpeg 90605C9B-23EB-46EC-A379-BC11F7C9EF45.jpeg

I finally had some time to check out and experiment with these primers. I primed 300 PMC 9 mm cases on the APS. Only had one failure to seat and that was my fault prematurely yankin on the lever, the rest seated perfectly. :p
I had plans to load a few before dinner but I just looked in my component locker and all I have are Montana gold 124g JHP's. :eek::eek::eek:
I did a ladder test, once I get some time I will see how they work.

View attachment 1448879 View attachment 1448880 View attachment 1448899
1.8 coal? Or 1.08? Bullets look great!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews