JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And I decided we're having Shredded beef this week.. What I originally thought was 2 good size Chucks turned out to be 1 and 2 smaller ones...

Scan34.jpg
Fresh from the sink and a pat dry...

Scan32.jpg
Alll rubbed down with a little oil and some modified In the House rub...

Scan35.jpg
Out of the fridge after an overnight in some cling wrap

IMG00032-20100216-1119.jpg
After hour 1 just getting a spritz of Burbon, Apple Cider and some Lee & Perins

Scan36.jpg
Couple hours in and they are getting another spritz and a handful of chips in the pan.. I'll pull and foil these around 160 thenback in the smoker til 200ish.. resting in the cooler til dinner time after that...

Looks delicious. What kind of thermometer do you use for your smoker? The built in cheapy thingy in the smoker I got at bimart doesn't seem accurate. We have done a couple turkeys for a few hours then finish them off in the oven. We use hickory and apple chips, some white wine, and apple cider for flavor. Haven't tried beef or chicken yet but come spring its on baby..:)

Well here we are a full belly and another scotch....

Scan38-2.jpg
Fresh out of the cooler they all got about 1 1/2 in there and were still too darn hot to touch.

Scan39-2.jpg
All Shredded up...

Scan40-2.jpg
Au Gratin Potatoes topped with In the House...

Scan41-2.jpg
We had Corn too but it never got made. Plating was down and dirty due to time constraints with Cub Scouts.. Little Horseradish, some Extra Sharp Cheddar, and a whole wheat bun..

Looks delicious. What kind of thermometer do you use for your smoker? The built in cheapy thingy in the smoker I got at bimart doesn't seem accurate. We have done a couple turkeys for a few hours then finish them off in the oven. We use hickory and apple chips, some white wine, and apple cider for flavor. Haven't tried beef or chicken yet but come spring its on baby..:)

I've got the same smoker and the Therm in the door is absolute garbage.. I've got 2 digitals that I run...

Scan8.jpg

The white one measures the Internal temp of the meat as well as the temp in the chamber all on the same display.

The Black one has 2 probes and I use that if I have more than one piece of meat in the smoker at a time which is almost always.

Nary a drop of blended scotch will ever cross my door... Currently I'm working on a 18yr Oban Highland Single Malt that is just phenominal.

I hear you. I bought the Dalmore Cigar Malt for years but you can't get it anymore so I pick up Glenlivit or whatever is on sale on the CA side of the border when I drive down to visit my son in LA. It a good 1/3+ off the price at liquor barn in N. CA.

Had a nice bottle of Glenfidich 18 year old and that darn near spoiled me for life. Close to $80+ in the OR liquor control stores. But soooooooooooo smooth and oaky tasting. Yum.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top