JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All one would have to do is put a Db meter a few yards in front of the gun, with and without the sound "director/focuser" in place.

Maybe I can get an exception for testing here in WA? Anyone in Oregon able to do this at a range that is equipped with them? A cheap noise meter will do as we are only looking for a change in noise level, not an accurate reading of intensity.

Ranb

I have been digging, lobbying and writing for over two years to get bill 1604 (allow silencer use) a hearing in the judiciary committee. I know about the law. It is the latest development that is my concern right now. The club is being sued for noise, but the law prohibits noise reduction, even with devices not attached to the gun.

Ranb

Just FYI, from what I have concluded from this fiasco- it is not "the law" that is prohibitting construction of noise reduction devices; it is some overzelous, anti-gun district attorney causing all this mess.

He's either ignorant, bias, or both. Which means they're screwed...he'd probably think of shutting this range down as a "feather in his cap". Probably would even brag about it to his coworkers.

"Yeah, I made these guys shut their range down because it was too loud. Tomorrow, I'm working on shutting another one down due to the environmental hazard because of the lead they use."

I'm sure he would, if he could do it legally. Remember, not even the police military or dealers can use them in WA, so he would have to leave the state. Got any he can try out?
I'm in Oregon (about 45min south of the WA border). Not sure how far up in WA you are. I only have a .22 can currently but you both can shoot it no prob (P22, 1911 in .22lr and 10/22 I have are threaded). We have a driveway range if you want (up to about 30yds). Maybe other members have some 9mm, .223, .308 etc cans to help.

Just FYI, from what I have concluded from this fiasco- it is not "the law" that is prohibitting construction of noise reduction devices; it is some overzelous, anti-gun district attorney causing all this mess.

Actually it is the law, it is very broad and exempts no one. That the police allegedly break it with impunity is an example of corruption.

The land the KRRC sits on is valuable, someone plans on making lots of money on it, but they can't while the club is there.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top