JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She's dead .
Thankfully she decided to take the easy way out .
And not take any one with her.

I am glad that she did not go on a murdering spree.

I read/heard that she shot herself in the face. Is that true? Serious question.

Or did someone else shoot her in the face and we don't know about it?

I have read that most suicides by women are not done with them shooting themselves IN THE FACE.

ALL of the pictures that I saw of her online and on the boob tube looked like a much OLDER woman (Early 30's to middle/late 20's.) than the age that they said that she was. My MT husband said that she looked older too.

They posted some of her 'writings' too. But only a TINY bit on the news.

The entire story sounds like a piece of fiction or some set up (Or not!) that never happened that was 'supposed to happen' in my opinion.

Did she show her REAL FL id or a fake CO id when she bought her shotgun? The reports said that she bought her gun 'legally' from the CO FFL dealer. (CO papers say this too.) They had an ALERT OUT FOR HER and this did not show up in any FBI data base? Some things do not add up in this story to me.

Cate

Sol Pais found dead of apparent suicide near base of Mount Evans after "massive manhunt"

Quote:

Pais had made verbal comments to family and friends about Columbine and had posted her thoughts about the massacre in online forums and social media, he said.

Still, no specific school or person was threatened. (NOTE this!)

Schools across the state were closed as a precaution because the threats didn't identify a specific school, Phillips said.

"We had no specific information about a school that was targeted. The information was generalized," he said.

Bottom of the long story:

Editor's note: Information from an anonymous source who said Pais was seen naked in the woods has been removed from this story. That information was never substantiated.

~~~~~

This DP story and others about this woman/young woman don't make any sense to me. I might need another cup of coffee!

Cate

ALL of the pictures that I saw of her online and on the boob tube looked like a much OLDER woman (Early 30's to middle/late 20's.) than the age that they said that she was.
Drug abuse and excess underage drinking can age someone very quickly. No real mention if she in fact were on any sort of drugs, had matured quickly, or some such. However this whole thing seems strange no matter what angle one looks at.

But... laws were broken.
May not have been on the part of the woman but certainly on the part of the gun shop unfortunately... even if its accidental sales... because
1) could have lied about age.
2) used CO address
3) may have used a different SSN, or none on paperwork

On the other hand... vague threats, creepy posts.. no credible threat at that time; until she purchased shotgun...which apparently alerted the FBI into considering her a possibly credible threat, and may have alerted school to put armed guards up? (If they were not already looking into her beforehand, and if they were able to find out which school?)

IF A LICENSED GUN DEALER can electronically connect with the NICS, it seems a smart add to that program could be a notification to dealers when an "alert" goes out for a wanted person...a two-way information system.:rolleyes:

Drug abuse and excess underage drinking can age someone very quickly. No real mention if she in fact were on any sort of drugs, had matured quickly, or some such. However this whole thing seems strange no matter what angle one looks at.

But... laws were broken.
May not have been on the part of the woman but certainly on the part of the gun shop unfortunately... even if its accidental sales... because
1) could have lied about age.
2) used CO address
3) may have used a different SSN, or none on paperwork

On the other hand... vague threats, creepy posts.. no credible threat at that time; until she purchased shotgun...which apparently alerted the FBI into considering her a possibly credible threat, and may have alerted school to put armed guards up? (If they were not already looking into her beforehand, and if they were able to find out which school?)

I am trying to figure out how the gunshop did anything wrong, that people (on here) are claiming. Other than possibly being fooled by a fake ID? Then, is that really the gunshops fault when someone falsely fills out the 4473 and they have no proof, signs ("red flags") or indications to the contrary?

1. If she lied on the form, and the ID matches her lie, that is not the gunshops fault. How can the gunshop "prove" otherwise?

2. She used a CO address to buy a firearm in CO? How is that the gunshops fault? How is that illegal? Again, anyone (you/me/us/we) can drive across state lines and buy a long gun LEGALLY. It is NOT illegal to do that. I've done it numerous times (drove to PDX for a rifle purchase) then driven home to Vancouver, WA.

3. Putting nothing in the blank where they ask for your social security number is not illegal either. I NEVER do. I've never been denied because of it.

Please help me understand why people (on this forum) are blaming the gunshop for doing something illegal.

Thanks.

From the checking I have done, it looks like Florida only sells to 21 or older, she is 18--moreover if she actually used a Co license to purchase the gun why didn't NICS at least delay the sale, being that she is now a resident of Florida?

I am glad that she did not go on a murdering spree.

I read/heard that she shot herself in the face. Is that true? Serious question.

Or did someone else shoot her in the face and we don't know about it?

I have read that most suicides by women are not done with them shooting themselves IN THE FACE.

ALL of the pictures that I saw of her online and on the boob tube looked like a much OLDER woman (Early 30's to middle/late 20's.) than the age that they said that she was. My MT husband said that she looked older too.

They posted some of her 'writings' too. But only a TINY bit on the news.

The entire story sounds like a piece of fiction or some set up (Or not!) that never happened that was 'supposed to happen' in my opinion.

Did she show her REAL FL id or a fake CO id when she bought her shotgun? The reports said that she bought her gun 'legally' from the CO FFL dealer. (CO papers say this too.) They had an ALERT OUT FOR HER and this did not show up in any FBI data base? Some things do not add up in this story to me.

Cate

She did not look 18 . early 30s was my guess. If I was slinging beers . and she walked in I would have gave her a pass.

I am trying to figure out how the gunshop did anything wrong, that people (on here) are claiming. Other than possibly being fooled by a fake ID? Then, is that really the gunshops fault when someone falsely fills out the 4473 and they have no proof, signs ("red flags") or indications to the contrary?

1. If she lied on the form, and the ID matches her lie, that is not the gunshops fault. How can the gunshop "prove" otherwise?

2. She used a CO address to buy a firearm in CO? How is that the gunshops fault? How is that illegal? Again, anyone (you/me/us/we) can drive across state lines and buy a long gun LEGALLY. It is NOT illegal to do that. I've done it numerous times (drove to PDX for a rifle purchase) then driven home to Vancouver, WA.

3. Putting nothing in the blank where they ask for your social security number is not illegal either. I NEVER do. I've never been denied because of it.

Please help me understand why people (on this forum) are blaming the gunshop for doing something illegal.

Thanks.

The shop did the do dilligence. They're not going to chippy on the laws for the miniscule amount af money made on a shotgun.

The sale seems legal in CO. Is there some federal law that CO dealers have to enforce FL laws. You mean after July I can't go to ID and by a semiauto rifle without jumping through all the hoops? Never heard that.

To purchase a long gun out of state, per Federal law the purchase must be legal in both states.

From ATF website;

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

To purchase a long gun out of state, per Federal law the purchase must be legal in both states. Thank you, I had forgotten that clause

From ATF website;

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

At least she took the high road in that case and only shot herself.

All's well that ends well!

Take away, improve records and record sharing so that NICS actually works like it is supposed to.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top