JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yah, no thanks. (I've gone teetotaler and can't see dropping a grand on that anyway.) Interesting history, though, from that resounding success story known as Prohibition.

Cool!

Bootlegger7-940x940.jpg

I once drank about half a bottle of Jim Beam from a similar stash. I was at a party with the homeowner and there were several opened bottles which were unsalable. He had about 50 intact bottles. It was actually nothing akin to the modern product in flavor. We polished off a couple partials. I remember it was good. Not a whole lot else from that night to be perfectly honest.

I once drank about half a bottle of Jim Beam from a similar stash. I was at a party with the homeowner and there were several opened bottles which were unsalable. He had about 50 intact bottles. It was actually nothing akin to the modern product in flavor. We polished off a couple partials. I remember it was good. Not a whole lot else from that night to be perfectly honest.
Far as I have been able to tell sealed in glass the flavor does not change. Have had some before that was several decades old. Compared with new of the same I could never tell the difference. As long as air can not get to it the stuff seems to last a lifetime and more.

Years ago my dad and his apprentice went to a old ladies house to install a new furnace. The house had a full basement so work was going along nicely. Dad cut a hole through the floor for a heat register and his apprentice went upstairs and couldn't find the hole!! Good grief so Dad goes up stairs and sure enough no hole yet he cut a nice clean hole with his reciprocating saw about 4" out from the outside wall of the house. Dad gets out his tape measure and starts doing some measuring and sure enough there is a good 4ft of this back bedroom missing when comparing up stairs with the basement. Dad point this out to the home owner and they have a short discussion resulting in dads saw coming upstairs and cutting a hole in the wall and sure enough a small secret room. He opens the hole up large enough to enter the room and finds a small Copper Still and some misc. junk including a pair of fancy gilded picture frames. Turns out this ladies dad had been cooking his own during the depression and at some point the wall got drywalled over and disappeared for 40-45 years. The lady gave dad the frames and they finished the job with a neat story to tell back at the shop.

The other day I found a sock I'd been missing for months. :)

I found panties that belonged to this girl, 3 girlfriends ago, while putting in a new rug in my bedroom. No, before you ask, they were not nasty. Must have fallen behind my headboard when that girl was folding clean laundry on my bed when she stayed over, as she often did. Still, glad they didn't show up while any of the past 3 gfs, including the current one, were over. It would have taken some creative explaining. She was/is Peruvian, and hmm.... nicely curvy... so after few minutes of wondering if I should put them in a trophy case, off to the trash bin they went....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top