JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just browsing on zillow and came across this listing... it was only posted a day go and it already has 960 views 111 saves...

in this crap economy, with high interest rates, high inflation, high job layoffs, high credit card bills and debt, you would THINK that americans would not be thinking about buying an expensive home, like the one i posted..

I mean, these people already have maxxed out their cards, bought an expensive home, bought multiple brand new $50-70k cars/trucks during Convid, yet they are thinking about buying this home, which is $819 price/sqft!!!

mark my words, i would NOT be surprised if this home gets 10 offers and sold within 2 weeks....

even though i am semi-retired, and have no debt, car paid off, even i dont have the stomach to buy a brand new $20k car... let alone a small cabin home selling for $819 price/sqft!!!!

what the hell is going on in the minds of these people... this is worse than the Twilight zone.

montana5334.png

You'd be paying for the 5 acres too, so the price/sq ft is skewed.
that is true, but if you look at the pictures closely, the applianceS and other stuff inside the house look very very cheap... it doesnt even look like it is 100% finished... maybe 85-90% finsihed.

they used the cheapest materials....

i estimate an extra $100,000 to replace those crappy appliances, toilet, and to fully complete the cabin.

hell, it doesnt even have a garage... good luck starting your car in the winter. in the flathead valley, it easily goes below -10 F.....

a garage is a must!

with the cost of the house and the $100k in repairs, you are looking at $450k for this tiny shed.

hard pass for me. even with the 5 acres of land. i wouldnt pay more than 150k - $200k for this...

That is a VERY pretty place. Damn small but nice. Would be great as a summer place for those who only wanted it for the nice weather. Too cold for me to want to live there year round but as far as "needing " a garage? If the temp only gets down to -10 there would be no need for that. Any vehicle you wanted to use up there in the winter would have to have the set up for it. When family was up in AK during the pipeline they never had a garage for the cars and it got a LOT colder than that. All the cars had a cord sticking out in the grill for you to plug them in when not in use. It seemed strange when I was up there at Christmas. Went to eat and all the vehicles sitting outside the bar / restaurant were always left running . Depending on how much snow they get at any time keeping your drive clear may be a challenge.

That is a VERY pretty place. Damn small but nice. Would be great as a summer place for those who only wanted it for the nice weather. Too cold for me to want to live there year round but as far as "needing " a garage? If the temp only gets down to -10 there would be no need for that. Any vehicle you wanted to use up there in the winter would have to have the set up for it. When family was up in AK during the pipeline they never had a garage for the cars and it got a LOT colder than that. All the cars had a cord sticking out in the grill for you to plug them in when not in use. It seemed strange when I was up there at Christmas. Went to eat and all the vehicles sitting outside the bar / restaurant were always left running . Depending on how much snow they get at any time keeping your drive clear may be a challenge.
When I lived in Montana I drove an air-cooled '68 bug with Castrol 20-50 in it. Never garaged or plugged in, it'd start right up at scary cold temps. The heater worked awesome and it handled snow like a goat.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews