JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question. Costco has some tregars for a good price right now. But, I have heard they are not what they used to be. As usual. I hear Green mt. Grills are sweet. Heard MAK are awesome, but really spendy. Thoughts?

If your grilling style is set it and leave, get a treager, if you're always fiddling, get a wood smoker.

Edit: grammar

Last Edited:
We like the idea of a smoker/combo
The wood idea sounds manly. But maybe a little to much effort. I just want a unit that lasts a long time. The MAK look sweet. But boy there proud of there products.

We like the idea of a smoker/combo
The wood idea sounds manly. But maybe a little to much effort. I just want a unit that lasts a long time. The MAK look sweet. But boy there proud of there products.

Agreed, I do the manly method when we are camping and I do ribs..Maybe twice a year. Other than that I am in love with my Traeger and cannot speak for any other manufacturers as it is all I have known. Every time I have a BBQ someone ends up buying a Traeger after trying the meat from it! It makes the "art" of smoking such a simple task.

I love my Traeger! I bought it used last summer off of Craigslist and I use it all the time. Over the past 4 days it has been used to smoke 3 racks of pork ribs (6 hours), 20 lbs of Tilamook cheese (4 hours), and I just now pulled out some venison stuffed bell peppers! Look on Craigslist for pellets. There is a guy in Damascus that sells the 20lb bags for $12. He also sells the grills & may have a better price than Costco.
Happy smoking!

THIS IS A SMOKER !

upload_2015-4-7_22-6-28.png

I started defrosting a few steelhead fillets from last weekend this morning! This made me crave Salmon but I have yet to land one this year.

Yeah, Salmon Fever. Had to sell my boat this year so going to be banking it for a while. Normally we would have a dozen fish by now :(
That boat was a hard one to give up.

Yeah, Salmon Fever. Had to sell my boat this year so going to be banking it for a while. Normally we would have a dozen fish by now :(
That boat was a hard one to give up.

I sold mine the season before last. I know I would have landed some already but I have done well on steelies and will get my share of Chinook very soon...I hope. I have managed most years to get a few good fish on the Clackamas with just my waders. It is the time of year that every morning I think about how I should be fishing right now.

I sold mine the season before last. I know I would have landed some already but I have done well on steelies and will get my share of Chinook very soon...I hope. I have managed most years to get a few good fish on the Clackamas with just my waders. It is the time of year that every morning I think about how I should be fishing right now.

Yep the Clack is a good one to fish on. I like bobbers and jigs there. :)
I will bank it on the willy for a while then do some trout fishing most likely this yr, and hopefully be able to get back into a boat by next springer season. Just will miss that Dory for a good long time :)

Yep the Clack is a good one to fish on. I like bobbers and jigs there. :)
I will bank it on the willy for a while then do some trout fishing most likely this yr, and hopefully be able to get back into a boat by next springer season. Just will miss that Dory for a good long time :)

I do not think I will ever get over the loss of the Northwest Jet. 21ft and could go about anywhere I wanted. I try not to think about the new owner touching her...I lose sleep when I remember her. Probably will see her speed by me while in waders some day..Just needed that money!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top