JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question. Costco has some tregars for a good price right now. But, I have heard they are not what they used to be. As usual. I hear Green mt. Grills are sweet. Heard MAK are awesome, but really spendy. Thoughts?

If your grilling style is set it and leave, get a treager, if you're always fiddling, get a wood smoker.

Edit: grammar

Last Edited:
We like the idea of a smoker/combo
The wood idea sounds manly. But maybe a little to much effort. I just want a unit that lasts a long time. The MAK look sweet. But boy there proud of there products.

We like the idea of a smoker/combo
The wood idea sounds manly. But maybe a little to much effort. I just want a unit that lasts a long time. The MAK look sweet. But boy there proud of there products.

Agreed, I do the manly method when we are camping and I do ribs..Maybe twice a year. Other than that I am in love with my Traeger and cannot speak for any other manufacturers as it is all I have known. Every time I have a BBQ someone ends up buying a Traeger after trying the meat from it! It makes the "art" of smoking such a simple task.

I love my Traeger! I bought it used last summer off of Craigslist and I use it all the time. Over the past 4 days it has been used to smoke 3 racks of pork ribs (6 hours), 20 lbs of Tilamook cheese (4 hours), and I just now pulled out some venison stuffed bell peppers! Look on Craigslist for pellets. There is a guy in Damascus that sells the 20lb bags for $12. He also sells the grills & may have a better price than Costco.
Happy smoking!

THIS IS A SMOKER !

upload_2015-4-7_22-6-28.png

I started defrosting a few steelhead fillets from last weekend this morning! This made me crave Salmon but I have yet to land one this year.

Yeah, Salmon Fever. Had to sell my boat this year so going to be banking it for a while. Normally we would have a dozen fish by now :(
That boat was a hard one to give up.

Yeah, Salmon Fever. Had to sell my boat this year so going to be banking it for a while. Normally we would have a dozen fish by now :(
That boat was a hard one to give up.

I sold mine the season before last. I know I would have landed some already but I have done well on steelies and will get my share of Chinook very soon...I hope. I have managed most years to get a few good fish on the Clackamas with just my waders. It is the time of year that every morning I think about how I should be fishing right now.

I sold mine the season before last. I know I would have landed some already but I have done well on steelies and will get my share of Chinook very soon...I hope. I have managed most years to get a few good fish on the Clackamas with just my waders. It is the time of year that every morning I think about how I should be fishing right now.

Yep the Clack is a good one to fish on. I like bobbers and jigs there. :)
I will bank it on the willy for a while then do some trout fishing most likely this yr, and hopefully be able to get back into a boat by next springer season. Just will miss that Dory for a good long time :)

Yep the Clack is a good one to fish on. I like bobbers and jigs there. :)
I will bank it on the willy for a while then do some trout fishing most likely this yr, and hopefully be able to get back into a boat by next springer season. Just will miss that Dory for a good long time :)

I do not think I will ever get over the loss of the Northwest Jet. 21ft and could go about anywhere I wanted. I try not to think about the new owner touching her...I lose sleep when I remember her. Probably will see her speed by me while in waders some day..Just needed that money!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top