JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The older Traegers are great but the new models (in the last 18 months) have had tons of issues - Google Traeger quality issues. IMHO go American made (MAK) instead of Chinese.....:s0160:

I do not think I will ever get over the loss of the Northwest Jet. 21ft and could go about anywhere I wanted. I try not to think about the new owner touching her...I lose sleep when I remember her. Probably will see her speed by me while in waders some day..Just needed that money!

Yep same here. Property taxes ate it LOL.
WAS A LONG YEAR. :)

Traeger is actually a cult now :) they even make pies, cookies, and I know people that don't even use their ranges and ovens anymore :D
Yes seriously....all yr long.

My BIL gave us a Brinkman vertical charcoal/solid fuel smoker last year. After dinkin' with it for 6 months, we made extensive modifications to it to get it to work right.
It was not near air-tight enough, and went through fuel like crazy.

So if you want a wood smoker, don't get a Brinkman.
If I had my druthers, I would get an offset barrel smoker like a New Braunfels, or have one fabbed up. (it just so happens that I know a great fabricator)
With an offset, you can also build a charcoal fire in the cookbox and grill over it.

Year round yes....rather than oven for stuff you listed...no freaking way! Though I have heard these folks rant about doing it..

Yep After I retired I worked at a hardware store a while that sold all the Traeger stuff.
Had a deli there also and............
They made the cookies they sold on them too. Actually not too bad :)
Just always seemed the hard way to make pies and cookies LOL

Also just a tip to Salmon smokers that use conventional smokers... USE only Cherry to smoke salmon.

We normally do a lot of salmon and always hard smoke it.
It is worse than heroin.
:D:D:D:D:D

Yep After I retired I worked at a hardware store a while that sold all the Traeger stuff.
Porch ovens,...

Bah!

Also just a tip to Salmon smokers that use conventional smokers... USE only Cherry to smoke salmon.

It is worse than heroin.

I cannot ever make enough to keep up with the kids and still have enough for the wife and I!

LOL yep don't teach yer kids to like smoked salmon too young.
They learn that soon enough.........
They tend to eat it all when you do LOL

Drives me crazy...i feel like my dad "uhhh What happened to all the smoked salmon" then at least two voices shamefully say "we don't know dad..."
Yeah I never needed to ask in the first place you brats!

It is worse than heroin.

Alder works nicely with salmon too, as does apple.

I have a webber smokey mountain and it works great....

My next project is a offset stick burner....I have a 4 foot long 24 inch 1/4 wall pipe at work that I am going to make one out of. One of these days.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top