JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I Tried a different marinade from McCormick on some chicken breasts over the weekend and I was impressed!

Really a good, 'deep' flavor - not just 'on the surface' - however I typically marinade any meat overnight - or longer.

I substituted lemon juice for the recommended cider vinegar and added about a 1/4 cup of beer to thin it a bit and it worked out well.

I smoked the breasts with apple pellets and I will be using it again!

IMG_2251[1].JPG IMG_2248[1].JPG

IMG_2251[1].JPG IMG_2248[1].JPG

Can you brine then marinate or does the brine prohibit the meat from absorbing the marinade? Could you make a brine solution WITH the marinade? Off to Google I go

I've recently found the extra time/effort of brining to be absolutely with it (I have a chicken brining as we speak), so now I'm trying to expand my knowledge with it

Could you make a brine solution WITH the marinade?
Yes - the directions on the back outline the ingredients to make it a liquid marinade.

You can use these packets as a dry rub and I do both and lately have been on a liquid brine/marinade 'kick'!

Going to do a a 'Brown sugar bourbon' pork loin this weekend.

One can do a lot of experimenting but as a 'base' these McCormick marinade packets are a pretty good starting point.

I add/change things when mixing them up as well.

This place has really good rubs. The holy cow and gospel are two good ones.

Nice...I'm looking into getting a Trager smoker
I think they are a fine device but do your homework and make sure you want one.

Like I've mentioned before with a little experimentation & 'juggling' you can get Trager like results with a typical grill.

Most complaints I have heard about Traegers is breakdowns & mechanical problems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top