JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
White river unit, Barlow road, tygh valley if you're looking for gray squirrels. Get above about 3000ft on Hood and you can find Snowshoe hares. Most cottontails I've seen are on the west side though.
Jack's are abundant on the east side.
When prepared correctly can be damn good. Hank Shaw's Sardinian Hare Stew is a phenomenal recipe. Never fry a hare. They are great stewed though.

Last Edited:
White river unit, Barlow road, tygh valley of you're looking for gray squirrels. Get above about 3000ft on Hood and you can find Snowshoe hares. Most cottontails I've seen are on the west side though.
Jack's are abundant on the east side.
When prepared correctly can be damn good. Hank Shaw's Sardinian Hare Stew is a phenomenal recipe. Never dry a hare. They are great stewed though.

Awesome thank you! I was also under the impression that jackrabbits were no good. I will check the recipe out

Awesome thank you! I was also under the impression that jackrabbits were no good. I will check the recipe out

Its no good to those who don't know how to prepare it. ;)
Jack's are just hares. Hares are common table fare all over the world. Americans have the tendency to try to cook them like a rabbit, and it doesn't work out well.
Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top