JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watching The Slingshot Man is like watching Jerry Miculek. :eek:

The crew served model looks like it would be great for delivering full soup cans to all those needy Red Brigade folks in that camp.

Several years ago, I wanted to get a slingshot like the old "wrist rocket" (which used surgical tubing) to control a few varmints around the house. After searching the internet quite a bit I settled on a Torque Slingshot by SimpleShot. It got great reviews... much better than the old-style Wrist Rocket! I purchased several types of ammo … glass marbles, steel balls, etc. I like the larger sized ones… easier to hold, for these old hands of mine.

I haven't used a slingshot much but was amazed at how accurate this Torque unit was. I watched some online videos and learned how to aim... works great! I was able to hit cans in the middle of our yard almost every time, after some limited practice.

Note: I haven't hit any of the ammo laying around in the grass with the lawn mower yet!!!

Without delving too deeply into the hobby (sport? art?), I've had good luck with various versions/brands of the rubber tubing powered Wrist Rocket.

To anyone using one of these for the first time... stick to marbles or ball ammo. It only takes a few shots with gravel, even smooth gravel, to rip holes in the rubber tubes and destroy them rather quickly. Then you've gotta buy new rubber "bands" for it, or a whole new slingshot.

Last Edited:
P9090182.JPG

On the left is my circa 1966 original Wrist Rocket. Tried and true and devastating on Grouse with a .375 round ball. Exceeds standard velocity of paint balls launched from paint ball guns. PeeWee marbles are the plinking load. Close examination will reveal multiple gouges on the "wings", as a result of defaulting to sharp rocks when ammo supplies ran low. Might work for Antifa crowd dispersal should that experiment be engaged.

On the right: A buddy "did time" in the Peace Corps in Morocco. He observed street kids slow-torturing some hapless creature (huge desert insect of some type) with their weapons, and he purchased this from a Moroccan street urchin. Knowing I was a slingshot fan, he smuggled it back stateside for me.

Note the care in finishing: "Kapok" insulation used in the wrap of the square-band rubbers to the wings to mitigate cutting (and failure) of the rubbers. This weapon is very accurate and deceivingly powerful.

I call it my "Wrist Morocket".

Just got back into shooting a slingshot. Wife did all the research, and bought what she thought we would want for pest control to our south. (Our only neighbor lives, and has their cattle south of us, and we won't shoot firearms that direction). She bought 2k biodegradable (hard clay) balls for it. We both use it to keep the tree rats off her bird feeders, and bird houses. Almost out of ammo now, and had to replace the bands, as one broke already. Usually only get one shot at a rat, and then take another 10 or so practice shots at various knots, limbs, and leaves after each "engagement". She got pretty good during her stay at home to prevent Covid last spring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top