JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just thinking about adding one to my go bag and thought if anybody had them in there bags if so what kind and why and a pic would be nice I was thinking of getting the Simpleshot Hammer XT with both heads so I can shot arrows and balls

And here I thought I was the only one. Growing up in South Carolina, we always had our sling shots with us and thought it should be in the bag. I bought two wrist rockets from bimart. I should check them, as they are rubber.

I have had home made poor performing sling shots, I was poor performing with the 'David and Goliath' style slings. Got a much better "Whamo" wooden slingshot and then a 'Wrist Rocket'. I have been asleep at the wheel for the past forty years though. A excellent go bag addition or just piddling addition. I do not know where my Wrist Rocket is... Dang Kids!
I will buy a new slingshot after a bit of research.

Yes, not in a bag but near the patio door for taking pot shots at annoying things such as crows, raccoons and cats.

Alas, no. I put it in the emergency bag in the cars 8 or more years ago and haven't touched them since. I figure the Zombies and th Coyotes will quake in fear if I just point it at them. Worst case, I can always just throw the ball ammo at them too. :s0140:

On a separate note, I have obviously not revisited this subject in many years. The combo ball amo/arrow slingshot is intriguing but at $100 a pop I can either buy one for three vehicles or instead buy a new optics ready slide for my VP9. Gee, I wonder which is the better investment and will get more use? :s0060:

.36 through .54 round ball make most excellent sling shot ammo! Even better if you have the molds to make your own, it opens up many possibilities!
Marbles also make really good inexpensive ammo as well, though they are getting hard to find these days!

I've got a Chief AJ slingshot with 65# bands and have a mold to make 38 or 44 cal ammo.
Used to shoot it quite a bit but not much sense I moved.

Be sure to keep fresh, replacement rubbers on hand for the Wrist Rocket. They do go bad over time.

I still keep a little can of steel bearings around and whenever I find a loose one, I add to it.

The best of both worlds! I have 3 or 4 and I usually bring them out in the summer when I'm camping. That said, I've never been accurate with the old bean shooter; a can at 15 paces or so will often be a challenge.

IMG_20190114_121638773_HDR.jpg

.36 through .54 round ball make most excellent sling shot ammo! Even better if you have the molds to make your own, it opens up many possibilities!
Marbles also make really good inexpensive ammo as well, though they are getting hard to find these days!
No kidding. I lost my marbles a long time ago... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top