JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If you are going to be stupid, it helps to be cute or charismatic.

Speaking from personal experience??? ;););)

gets himself some remedial training.

:eek:... implying that he had any training in the first place!

People get arrested all the time when what they do is not against the law.

E.G. - resisting arrest is a catch-all charge that police use all the time, with no other charges, whether they resist or not. People get arrested for flipping off LEOs or telling them to go **** themselves.

Total Bovine Scatology!! It's this kind of legend, and this kind of thinking that gets people into trouble!!!

Not saying that cops never misbehave, but this one-size-fits-all indictment of cops is as grossly unfair as it would be to say all longhairs are dopers, or all Southerners are Rednecks, or all blacks have criminal tendencies, or all Indians have drinking problems.

Idiots that get in trouble with the law say this happens, but it doesn't. I've seen people that were total jerks upon contact with law enforcement, and tho they initially were not doing anything wrong THEY escalated by failure to follow an officer's lawful commands, impeded the officer's investigation, and then pulled away when the cuffs come out to detain them, which then results in a lawful arrest for resisting. Meanwhile, the officer(s) are being called the worst names and don't respond to that at all.

A high school buddy was always complaining about being hassled by the cops. He drove an old beater VW with all different color parts scavenged from yard sales, had long hair back in the hippie days, had underage girl in the car, driving late at night, and resented being stopped. Really? Dude reeked of weed. Cops poured out his beer when he was minor in possession. So he hates cops. But he was never even arrested. Just checked out and let go on his way. That's worth hating over? Co-operate, be pleasant, follow instructions, go home... simple as that!!!

If there were videos of what you say is happening, those would be all over YouTube etc. But there's not. Yet I can post a huge number of vids showing officers getting the worst verbal abuse and being incredibly patient and professional.

Disorderly conduct(AKA disturbing the peace) is usually applied to such offenses as 'Drunk in public', 'Loitering', 'Soliciting(or engaging in) lewd sex acts' etc. etc. etc.

He wasn't charged with 'Brandishing' <--- which would have required some level of intent involved.

I agree, would add that it also includes causing a scene... often includes yelling, screaming, mega cussing, & such verbal assaults just short of physical assault on another person. Many times it IS a result of drinking, and often leads to resisting arrest after failure to comply with lawful commands to stop the disturbance.

I used to be a LEO and I was exposed to all kinds of LEOs at different levels, military, feds, county, city, state, in my 65+ years of living (a few of those years working with them) - I still have LE friends and relatives. I know there are all kinds - good and bad - I've seen them in all different contexts - been there.

I did not say all or even most cops are bad - but there is a common trend among some of them, and yes, there are documented cases of bad arrests - you would have to be naive to say there aren't. Ditto with bad convictions where the LE and/or judicial branch lied or covered up.

I said I don't know what the case is with this particular person - there are not enough facts. But given the general paranoia of guns and the location, I am leaning towards giving the citizen the benefit of the doubt. Put yourself in the shoes of the security officer; had he not called the cops, regardless of how innocent the behavior was, and the guy went on to shoot someone, he could have gotten fired for not calling the cops. Once called, had the cops not arrested him and the guy went on to shoot someone, they would have been crucified.

This is what the anti-gunners have brought us to - the fear of guns and anybody with a gun. This is why a person carrying a gun needs to be very very careful about not letting others know he/she has a gun on their person or even just within reach - lest they get arrested or even shot, possibly killed, for the crime of being a gun owner.

You've heard the phrase "shot for being black"? Well the same applies to people with guns - anybody, unless they are a LEO or military. We are a minority and we are oppressed - treated like criminals because we exercise our rights. We have to be careful and not give those in power, including the majority (aka "the mob") an excuse to come down on us.

ESP.jpg

I used to be a LEO and I was exposed to all kinds of LEOs at different levels, military, feds, county, city, state, in my 65+ years of living (a few of those years working with them) - I still have LE friends and relatives. I know there are all kinds - good and bad - I've seen them in all different contexts - been there.

I did not say all or even most cops are bad - but there is a common trend among some of them, and yes, there are documented cases of bad arrests - you would have to be naive to say there aren't. Ditto with bad convictions where the LE and/or judicial branch lied or covered up.

I said I don't know what the case is with this particular person - there are not enough facts. But given the general paranoia of guns and the location, I am leaning towards giving the citizen the benefit of the doubt. Put yourself in the shoes of the security officer; had he not called the cops, regardless of how innocent the behavior was, and the guy went on to shoot someone, he could have gotten fired for not calling the cops. Once called, had the cops not arrested him and the guy went on to shoot someone, they would have been crucified.

This is what the anti-gunners have brought us to - the fear of guns and anybody with a gun. This is why a person carrying a gun needs to be very very careful about not letting others know he/she has a gun on their person or even just within reach - lest they get arrested or even shot, possibly killed, for the crime of being a gun owner.

You've heard the phrase "shot for being black"? Well the same applies to people with guns - anybody, unless they are a LEO or military. We are a minority and we are oppressed - treated like criminals because we exercise our rights. We have to be careful and not give those in power, including the majority (aka "the mob") an excuse to come down on us.

You said that cops arrest people that aren't breaking the law "all the time". You say that cops arrest people for cussing them out and telling them to F' off "all the time". Don't deny it... it's right up in your post above... I'm calling you out for that kind of hyperbole. Your Asperger's is got a hold of you.

BTW, being in the Coast Guard does not make you a "LEO". If you have other LE experience, this is the first I've heard of it. Career criminals have also been "exposed" to all kinds of LEOs. You really need to stop exposing yourself to cops, they tend to be not amused. But if having lived 65yrs and having interfaced with a few cops and worked with a few is supposed to give you some kind of credibility, I've got you beat... I've lived 67yrs and worked directly with cops, lots and lots of cops, not even counting my days in the Coast Guard, since 1980. That's what, 40yrs?

Last Edited:
You said that cops arrest people that aren't breaking the law "all the time". You say that cops arrest people for cussing them out and telling them to F' off "all the time". Don't deny it... it's right up in your post above... I'm calling you out for that kind of hyperbole. Your Asperger's is got a hold of you.

Comprehension. If something happens "all the time" that may be hyperbole with regards to time, but no with regards to how many people do something.

BTW, being in the Coast Guard does not make you a "LEO". If you have other LE experience, this is the first I've heard of it.

When I was in the USCG (late 70s), a petty officer was considered to be a LEO and had the power of arrest. This may still be true - more so than when I was in - as their primary mission now is law enforcement (although now they typically have ratings that specialize in LE).

I was a petty officer, I was trained as a boarding officer, I went to several law enforcement schools with King County (WA) LEOs and other LEOs (interestingly, about half of them were later indicted on corruption charges). I also had training by the OSP.

I enforced federal law on navigable water ways. I was empowered to do so by federal law. I worked with the country sheriff deputies of Benton & Franklin counties in the tri-cities area. I was involved in a number of investigations in boating deaths and drug interdiction (the latter involved state, federal and county agencies).

Those were not my main duties - but it did give me exposure to LE duties and LE officers that the typical 'civilian' usually does not experience.

I have never been arrested, but I have witnessed and experienced some LEOs who shouldn't be LEOs.

Speaking from personal experience??? ;););)

:eek:... implying that he had any training in the first place!

Total Bovine Scatology!! It's this kind of legend, and this kind of thinking that gets people into trouble!!!

Not saying that cops never misbehave, but this one-size-fits-all indictment of cops is as grossly unfair as it would be to say all longhairs are dopers, or all Southerners are Rednecks, or all blacks have criminal tendencies, or all Indians have drinking problems...

...I agree, would add that it also includes causing a scene... often includes yelling, screaming, mega cussing, & such verbal assaults just short of physical assault on another person. Many times it IS a result of drinking, and often leads to resisting arrest after failure to comply with lawful commands to stop the disturbance.
Having been hassled and harassed and assaulted by the same cop many times in my younger years, (and I didn't do jack except be the hired help at a clean up sight where police had run amok and trashed a place) I find it weird that you indite others so easily. There are LOTS of bad cops out there. I have never been arrested. I have however, had my testicles damn near yanked off by one for walking down the street. I was a teen and that particular officer definitely was a bit of a sadist with a thing for hurting people in a sexual manner. California in the mid 90s for frame of reference. I in retrospect would have said something as I am pretty sure he was a pedophile when I look back on how many times he grabbed mine and a couple friend's junk and made comments.

Recently I got a badge number of an officer who was telling the mentally ill that they were being brought to the hospital (for paranoia) to be castrated and force fed their junk. Ever tried to calm a schizophrenic down after that? I have. I observed this behavior. I don't think anyone has ever been more grateful to me than that schizophrenic guy when I let him out of restraints. It was the 5th patient of the night to tell the same story, but on number 5 I saw and heard, and reported.

I meet a lot of cops in a professional capacity. Some good and some bad, but I can't say the numbers have convinced me the studies about domestic abuse by cops is wrong. At least half the cops I have met have been bullies at best. Not all, but those I personally have met.

For those here who are good LEOs, good on you, we need more like you.

I meet a lot of cops in a professional capacity. Some good and some bad, but I can't say the numbers have convinced me the studies about domestic abuse by cops is wrong. At least half the cops I have met have been bullies at best. Not all, but those I personally have met.

Seconded. I've been on the receiving end of bad policing as well. No, of course it isn't all of them, but each bad one can cause a whole lot of havoc.

I've only actually been issued one ticket in my life. It was expensive. At the end of the encounter, painful ticket in hand, I thanked the officer for his conduct. Remember folks, someone speaking on the bad ones out there doesn't make the person anti-LEO.

Most that I worked with were highly professional.

I also have a close relative that was OSP and then went to the NCIS who is very professional.

But I have had traffic stops where the LEO was anything but professional, and several where they stopped me just to harass me because I was riding a motorcycle - one didn't like a sticker on my helmet that said "Legalize Freedom" - kept me there for 30 minutes, but never gave me a ticket. Just a ration of **** for having the audacity to have that sticker on my helmet. Have quite a few HD riding friends who get hassled a lot more.

I know it is a thankless dangerous job, but some people should never be LEOs.

That said, I wasn't saying that the security officer or the LEO who arrested the gun 'racker' in this case were bad. Quite the contrary, I was saying that you have to understand it from their POV; had they not done what they did and the guy had done something bad, they would have suffered greatly for simply minding their own business.

OTOH - we need to understand that the majority general public now fears guns and gun owners - especially those who carry a gun on their person. Don't give them reason to make an example of you.

Think about it.

Decades ago, people drove around with guns in gun racks in their pickups as a regular occurrance - city or countryside. When I was a kid, even when I went to college, we would have guns in our vehicles so we could go hunting before and/or after school. Sometimes we had hunting safety classes in schools. Some schools had shooting teams.

Today, if you own a gun, many people consider it a sign of mental illness. If you post about guns in social media then someone may report you - look at what has happened to some kids.

We are a minority. We are feared. We are treated as a threat to the general public.

Don't do stupid things. Think about it.

The bottom line is if you are in a populated area where crime frequently happens and the bars are about to close don't be an idiot and pull out your pistol, don't be an even bigger idiot and rack the slide in view of a security guard working the graveyard shift in old town where homeless people and drunks are always causing big problems, he's lucky he didn't catch a taser barb for his lack of situational awareness and his unnecessary exposing of his CONCEALED weapon.

Personally, I don't think this sort of thing should ever happen. When I Saddle Up to leave the House I already know if there's a round in the Chamber. Now the next time I draw my Sidearm, it will be to Pop a Cap on the Bad Guys.

How is it you figure we just don't care? Should we mount up and go bust his guns outta the klink??

If one is going to be a tool, one is gonna lose his tools:s0109:

So you support removing someone's firearms if they don't harm anybody with them? Just because someone on the street thinks you're being dangerous with it, for example carrying it at all in public, and calls the police they should be removed like was done here?

Glad to see your support for gun owners. Fudds are worse than the NRA.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads