JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I happen to love the SKS format, I have several of them all purchased at different times.
I notice in WA and OR people are asking and getting prices exceeding 500.00 and higher.
Now I can see maybe getting a good solid price on a SKS -D , M, or Paratroopers and Russians.
But I have seen many many Chinese fetching 450 - 700 This year. Cabelas was selling these for 299.00 in 2012
before that these where sold around 150-200. I just watched a guy near me sell one simple basic SKS for $450.00 Seems there is a run up on this particular firearm. Wondered what others thought?

I remember getting the one I owned for 120. Folks before me talk of times the sold for 70. Ironically I bubba'd the basturd and turned it for 500. :)

My buddy had a mak90 in the 90's and paid less then a couple hundred for it. I havent seen one recently for less then $1100...

Them's the brakes I guess. Shoots cheap hard hitting ammo and is built like a tank - hard to find that in other guns.

Figured I was taking a loss trying to sell mine for $700.

For me to pay over $450 it would have to be chrome lined non Yugo, unmolested and like-new condition.
I'd also would need to have $450 on hand that's not earmarked for something else!

He just happened to stop by a moving sale that an old guy was having out near Sandy, OR.
There was some Russian made ammo on the table and when he asked how much, the old guy said it was free if he bought the rifle.
Turns out it was a real nice one with the gunky storage grease still coating everything.

I bought three of them from Keith's during the scare of 2013. Rough appearance and covered in cosmoline, but they were $250 each. I disassembled them to clean them, got busy, and they've sat unassembled since. I'm looking forward to having the time to put them together. Though I've never shot an SKS, I've never regretted the purchase. SHTF they'd be great 'family guns'.

Looked just like this:

cosmo-2.jpg

I think the prices of the AKs are getting high enough that the SKS looks like a great bargain.
And some folks don't sell cheapo guns cause ,really what are you gunna replace it with? Unless you sell a couple
So they set in the safe or just the closet for spares

We have AK's and such, but I sure like these SKS's, done some gun-smith on them and really like how easy they are to work on. I got one for a gift a year ago its like new 72 Yugo. couple others were like 225.00 and 250.00 its why when I see 400- 700 and they are selling its shocked me. But wife said to me what does it matter what they are worth if you aren't wanting to sell them.
Guess she is right but had I known I would have bought a few dozen more. The newest I have is a 72 the oldest is a 60. Like to get an early Russian. I also have one that is a Yugo without matching numbers I am going to bastardize and make into a Paratrooper doesnt even have the original stock so wont bother me much to mess with it.

everyone needs an SKS. its so cheap to shoot there almost no reason not to have one. I've been waiting for a nicer Yugo to come along so I can jump on it. Still trying to convince the wife. ;)

What did guns cost in the past? [Always cheep in hind sight].

What will they cost in the future? [Always too much]!

What will a certain gun will cost in 10.........20...........even 30 years?
I don't know. But I know the people that didn't buy them will B1tch, moan, and complain! :s0140:

It's true that asking and getting are two different things. But if you don't get off your butt. Work out a price and buy. You wont have one!

DSCN4200.JPG

Last Edited:
What did guns cost in the past? [Always cheep in hind sight].

What will they cost in the future? [Always too much]!

What will a certain gun will cost in 10.........20...........even 30 years?
I don't know. But I know the people that didn't buy them will B1tch, moan, and complain! :s0140:

It's true that asking and getting are two different things. But if you don't get off your butt. Work out a price and buy. You wont have one!

View attachment 250443

Agreed. If you don't own one or have not shot and cleaned one - you really don't know what your missing.

I bought several for $69, And recently I have built a few AR's for less than $400. The combination of those things make it mentally unmanageable for me to pay $500 for a SKS.

The last AK I bought was reasonably nice I paid $450 for and I thought that was to much for what they are.

I know things go up in value, if nothing else through inflation. However an SKS will always be a sub $100 gun in my mind.

There are a lot of new shooters out there though that dont remember sub $100 SKS's though. To them its just another option.

On a sidenote, I can remember back in the 90s seeing the first Bubba-ed and dolled up SKS with an asking price of like $250 and thinking the guy was a raging lunatic

Of course right about that same time I bought an IMI UZI model B carbine for $300

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top