JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Careful with Duckbills there is a serious flaw in using them.

The design of the SKS that uses a fixed magazine is the bolt is designed so that the magazine can be opened and closed in any bolt position.

The duckbills mag will not allow the magazine to be dropped if the bolt is closed.
( note last round out the bolt will stay open and mag can be removed.)
So case in point, you end up with a misfire, and still have two round in the duckbill.
You cant eject the mag unless the bolt is open, but if you pull it back you could double feed
and ( BANG) could occur.
The SKS ( M&D) take AK magazines and have a bolt that allows it to be removed in any position.
Duckbill can be used and mags dropped any bolt position if , one shaves the bolt to do so.
But that is at your own risk, I have seen no reported issues shaving the bolt. But if one is going to use duckbills you will need three hands to clear a jam and then its dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note To Last Post :
Tapco has made aftermarket replacement bolts but headspace varied and made these unreliable.

Also if one chooses to shave the bolt for these, less is more. I have seen some take a crap load off the bolt. There is allot of videos on Youtube showing how its done. I tried it as well and found it works fine. but I took off bare minimum and the Bastard SKS I have works fine.

Interested in this set up, the old strippers or the news ones? I think my ex tossed a bag of Yugo strippers because she had no clue what they were.I am still trying to set mine up where it's more suitable secondary for when things go south.

Brutus out.

Well Brutus, I actually wouldn't know a new stripper clip from an old one! I can tell you that I've had these longer than twenty years. 10rnds!

Oh I miss the '90s.

Back in the day when I worked at places like Larry's and Three Bears we would get shipments of SKS rifles packed in those OD green wood crates. We would simply stack the crates on the floor, pull the top off, and slap a $99 sign on them.

It seemed to me that after importation of Norinco ceased is when prices began their climb.

E

The prices are somewhat inflation driven, nothing costs the same as in the 90's.

But if Canada is still getting supplied with shipments of cheap Russian SKS's then politicians are as much to blame for the spike in prices as well.

with my C&R doomed I ordered one for $289. The stock is trashed so I ordered a new un-issued stock for $50. At least the numbers are matching. It will be interesting to see what the value does over the next decade.

The prices are somewhat inflation driven, nothing costs the same as in the 90's.

But if Canada is still getting supplied with shipments of cheap Russian SKS's then politicians are as much to blame for the spike in prices as well.
I'll have to look on the Pc when I get home but I had a link to a Canadian dealers site. During the panic here there was pictures of stacks of reasonably priced Russian and Chinese SKS' s along with pallet fulls of CHEAP ammo.

I bought mine just before the Sandy Hook scare for $400 with about 300 rds on strippers. Still my go to "in the woods" gun. They're wonderful rifles, in my opinion a better SHTF option than the AK.

Pretty nice SKS and not far off in price from what I'm seeing in the classifieds lately. I would surely pay an extra $200 for an unissued perfect condition SKS if I was already convinced to pay $500 for one with just a seller's backstory.

:eek: That looks like the gun of a Russian Pimp!

This guy from Sloviania looks pretty pimp with one

Slovenian Ceremonial Honor Guard.jpg

Slovenian Ceremonial Honor Guard.jpg

Cerecote one and call it good.

I had a yugo and while it was a soft shooter (probably because of all that metal on the front) I wouldn't want another. No chome in the barrel and the gas block switch it just one more failure point on a very simple gun.

And there are some very attractive wood stocks if your willing to pay $200 for one.

I think I'd pay $300 tops for a sks($250 ideally) I wouldn't take less them $350 though. :) gun shop I did a transfer at has one for $669.99. I built my last ar for $345

Couple years ago I thought to myself buy a cheap ar-15 or 2 sks and some ammo. Now I see a sks I think build two ar-15's. Crazy the way the market is. I see new ak's for $500 new and the same used for $650. The scare has been over for a couple years now but those Soviet loving shooters haven't figured it out yet.

Then after fees and shipping would be near a 800.00 sks ?
And why wont these ship to Komifornia they are 10rds is it the Bayonet.

These prices are creeping up though. And Armslist seem to have no real consistency
prices 350 - 700 and them up for D models.

They treat these like they were m1 grands, or 1903's

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top