JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I was a kid a master craft was $30,000 new. Now they are $145,000.

Let me say this with clarity. I suck at fishing. But I'd rather own a fishing boat than a ski boat.

I'd also like pontoon party barge.

Doesn't have to be like that.

Hey, @Oregonhunter5. My dad has a sweet vintage Nautique going up for sale in July. Probably about 3% the cost of a new one.
20171114_101919.jpg

Just like anything the more crap ya add the price goes up. New boats with bigger more fuel efficient motors, tons of electronics, huge auto fill ballasts, room for 10+ people ect ect. Try getting 400+hp small block 30 years ago and you have a very finicky motor. High end anything costs high end money. You think ski boats are spendy imo fishing boats for what you get are pretty bad also.

Over 50 years ago we had a plywood/fiberglass Howard 18 foot ski boat. Her name was the "Glug Glug" because she kept getting sunk by her own wake slowing down. A 12" high glassed nicely done padded hull coaming was added aft. More free board.

Various engines we could find cheap and marine convert were employed. Our favorite was a stock 409 5 ton truck engine. With the speed prop about 60 mph. With the ski power prop about 50. Cascale V drive with a reverse gear. Ran OK,. Hard on gas.

Slow despite its looks. Boy that thing could accelerate fast. I will not tell you the stories. It was also very fun. We could not have had more than $3000 in the whole experience but this was 50+ years ago. The bow area was foamed in . We needed it. Glug glug.

Wake board tower it allows you to get more air!! Believe me they work that's how I blew my knee out! :oops:
when i was a kid, we had one of those flying manta ray tubes... combined with a tower im talkin 25 feet off the water. brother, it HURT when youd wipe out too.

last i heard, theyve been outlawed since.

heres an example i found on youtube:

My azzzhole brother had one of those $120,000 fishing boats. We had 7 people in there and it wouldn't plane. What a joke! Needed two engines

All factory and semi custom boats come underpowered for economy.

If you want a fun boat for a decent price, a Lowe fish & ski will do both. Its essentially a Midwestern Walleye boat with bow mount electric and ski rope cleats, with a full windshield. Probably about $25k new, half that used.

Boatz, a great big hole in the water you pour buckets of money into! I bought my classic 1977 Mako 29 footer as a wreck after Katrina, paid $1300 for the 3 axle trailer, and $400 for the hull. Over the next year, I put no more then $12000 into it, mainly the hot Ford V8 and American Turbine Pump, and it's the sweetest long range fishing boat EVER!
Not that bad on gas, has a 340 nautical mile range on 75 gallons of fuel! Only wish I had gone diesel power, I don't really need to go fast! It cruises nicely at 45 mph all day and can fish 7 rods comfortably! Before that, I had a $75k ThunderJet, great boat, but I never needed all that big block power, and the fuel costs really sucked! :D

Nothing is worse for a bass fisherman than wake boarding boats. You have your back to the main lake and you're standing up in your boat. Then some koch-monger in a ski boat can't have the courtesy to not plow through the water within 20 yards.

Yup.

Was fishing a few years back with a friend down on the Willamette. Douche in a wakeboat kept buzzing us, getting closer every pass. After one where they were literally about 30 feet out, by bud, the boat owner and a FT leo stands up, made a show of removing his jacket as they came in fir another pass. Big gold badge right next to a Glock 21 made them veer away and find a new stretch of water to play on. Despite them being so close, we could not get boat numbers off the thing, or we'd have called the river patrol. White & red wakeboat with 3 azzholes in it is not descriptive enough on that river.:(

Yup.

Was fishing a few years back with a friend down on the Willamette. Douche in a wakeboat kept buzzing us, getting closer every pass. After one where they were literally about 30 feet out, by bud, the boat owner and a FT leo stands up, made a show of removing his jacket as they came in fir another pass. Big gold badge right next to a Glock 21 made them veer away and find a new stretch of water to play on. Despite them being so close, we could not get boat numbers off the thing, or we'd have called the river patrol. White & red wakeboat with 3 azzholes in it is not descriptive enough on that river.:(

Whats nice is your average bass boat can easily outrun a ski boat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top