JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're talking about 686+es, not the original 686. The original 6-shot 686 is famous for accuracy and reliability. This was pre lock guns though, before the change to MIM parts and redesign to put firing pin on frame instead if hammer.
Mine is the 686 plus 7-shot, but it has the firing pin on the hammer and no lock.

I got old coats.

Imma find out.
Hello @Knobgoblin . I also suggest you put a heavy piece of leather between the pocket you are going to shoot through and your body. Normally there is enough hot gas and flame and unburnt powder that escapes through the cylinder gap on a revolver so it can badly damage your skin if its near cylinder gap. See the Hickoc45 video that uses a piece of paper near cylinder gap to illustrate why you never put fingers near or acriss a revolver cylinder gap. The paper got blown up with a big hole and burn marks.

I've shot a four inch revolver in the dark to test low flash vs ordinary powder. Both gave a flame several inches long from barrel. Low flash was much less bright/blinding. Other result was a Sheriff's deputy turned up. Neighbors who don't care about shots during day did worry about a full cylinder at night. Deputy was happy to see innocent paper plate targets and hear about low flash powder test, as he had never tested that either. My guess is without the leather protection, firing revolver from coat pocket might give you a nasty burn either from cylinder gap, muzzle, or both. Silhouette shooters who rest their revolver across one leg, legs toward target, use a piece of leather under the gun at the cylinder gap to avoid burning clothes and leg.

I have double action in 22LR, 8 and 10 rounds, 22 Mag 7 shooter, 327 Federal Mag, 357 Mag, 38 Spl, 9MM, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP. Singles in 22 LR, Convertibles 22/LR and 22 Mag. 30 M1 Carbine, 327 Federal Mag, 357 Mag. I need a larger single!

On principle: A White Stag ski coat from the 70s, no matter how audacious those 70s styles and colors are, is still just as warm and functional as it ever was. An 1973 Colt or an 1875 Remington as just as effective today as they were in the old west. Even more so with better bullet designs.

There are no stoppage drills for revolvers. There are reloads and one can easily master that drill.

I have both designs. I carry both. I try hard not to be so ignorant as to exclude one or the other for some imaginary reason.

This was Mrs tac's favourite in the larger calibre revolver collection - pre-Bangor-Punta Model 29........memories, eh?

1636896374502.png

I got old coats.

Imma find out.

Hello @Knobgoblin . I also suggest you put a heavy piece of leather between the pocket you are going to shoot through and your body. Normally there is enough hot gas and flame and unburnt powder that escapes through the cylinder gap on a revolver so it can badly damage your skin if its near cylinder gap. See the Hickoc45 video that uses a piece of paper near cylinder gap to illustrate why you never put fingers near or acriss a revolver cylinder gap. The paper got blown up with a big hole and burn marks.

I've shot a four inch revolver in the dark to test low flash vs ordinary powder. Both gave a flame several inches long from barrel. Low flash was much less bright/blinding. Other result was a Sheriff's deputy turned up. Neighbors who don't care about shots during day did worry about a full cylinder at night. Deputy was happy to see innocent paper plate targets and hear about low flash powder test, as he had never tested that either. My guess is without the leather protection, firing revolver from coat pocket might give you a nasty burn either from cylinder gap, muzzle, or both. Silhouette shooters who rest their revolver across one leg, legs toward target, use a piece of leather under the gun at the cylinder gap to avoid burning clothes and leg.

Don't listen to her Knobby!!

Just have a couple buddies with full bladders standing by. You know, in case you catch fire.

:s0108:

Last Edited:
Ain't having a choice a BEAUTIFUL thing?

I too started (in the PD) with a Revolver, then transitioned to the semi auto. That being said, I'm thankful that more round were/are now available with the semi auto.

Yeah....things are getting rough all over.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads